Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect Behaviour : call declined on mobile phone

james_be_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I've configure the Mobile Connect feature on a CUCM 8.6 and have a question regarding this particular case :

User B is logged on an IP Phone (EM) and has Mobile Connect activated.

1. User A calls user B
  2. IP Phone user B rings
  3. Mobile Phone user B rings after 4sec (as configured in remote destination)
  4. user B refuses/decline the phone on his mobile
  5. call is sent to user"s mobile provider voicemail.

I would like to know if this is normal behaviour and if you have any idea to avoid that the call to be sent to the user's mobile provider voicemail and continue to ring on the IP phone and then fwd to his Unity mailbox.

Thank you

James

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is normal behavior. If CUCM sees the remote destination call leg transition to a connected state after the Answer Too Soon timer but before the Answer Too Late timer it believes the user has answered the call. There is no way to tell whether it was the user or the carrier's voicemail that answered unfortunately.

CUCM 9.0 added a new option on the Remote Destination Policy called SNR Voicemail Policy. There are two settings: Timer Control and User Control. Timer control is the existing behavior; if the call is answered within the timer window the call is connected through. Timer Control is new and requires the user to press a DTMF digit to accept the call after answering it. Since carrier voicemail can't press DTMF digits the call would not be considered answered if the user pressed ignore.

In my case, when remote destination (Mobile Phone) refeuses a call, IP phone keeps ringing.

Not all cell phones take the same action when you ignore/refuse a call. Some simply treat that as a request to be silent while others actually forward the call to voicemail at that point. Those cell phones that continue to alert silently would allow the IP Phone to continue ringing until the CFNA timer expires.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Hi James.

I've configured mobile connect on my CUCM cluster too.

In my case, when remote destination (Mobile Phone) refeuses a call, IP phone keeps ringing.

Can you post a brief your config?

HTH

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

This is normal behavior. If CUCM sees the remote destination call leg transition to a connected state after the Answer Too Soon timer but before the Answer Too Late timer it believes the user has answered the call. There is no way to tell whether it was the user or the carrier's voicemail that answered unfortunately.

CUCM 9.0 added a new option on the Remote Destination Policy called SNR Voicemail Policy. There are two settings: Timer Control and User Control. Timer control is the existing behavior; if the call is answered within the timer window the call is connected through. Timer Control is new and requires the user to press a DTMF digit to accept the call after answering it. Since carrier voicemail can't press DTMF digits the call would not be considered answered if the user pressed ignore.

Not all cell phones take the same action when you ignore/refuse a call. Some simply treat that as a request to be silent while others actually forward the call to voicemail at that point. Those cell phones that continue to alert silently would allow the IP Phone to continue ringing until the CFNA timer expires.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: