cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect does not forward caller ID

mstrz
Level 1
Level 1

I just implemented "Mobile Connect" on our CUCM 8.5. (We use h.323 gateways, and PRI's.) It seems to be working correctly: if someone calls an internal line, it rings both the IP phone and the cell phone. I can answer it on the cell phone and it appears on the IP phone that the call is answered. I can also move the call back to the IP phone by hanging up.

Ok, so the issue is that all incoming calls are displaying our main switchboard's caller ID when it rings the cell phone. What do I need to do so the cell phone gets the redirected caller ID?

Thank you!

Max

2 Replies 2

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

this is something known and normal because the number will be the redirected number and the telco might mask it

what you can do is per phone create a calling number transformation and provide the RDP a css of the calling number transformation to have access to the relevant calling number transformation to mask the number to the actual phone DID number

Hope this help

if helpful Rate

Thanks for the reply. It gives me an idea of what needs to be done, but I don't quite understand. I need to create and assign a calling number transformation for each phone that has the feature enabled? Or can I create one and add it to a new css, which I can add to all the phones? Is there any step-by-step documentation that you know of?