Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Connect - Send call to mobile phone one way audio

stevegustafson
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings,

I have setup Mobile connect for SNR and send call to mobile phone. 

Scenario A

When an external phone calls an extension enabled with mobility the mobility user selects to send call to mobile phone.  Mobile phone rings and is answered.  Mobile phone can not hear the calling party, but calling party can hear mobile phone.

Scenario B

When an internal phone calls an extension enabled with mobility the mobility user selects to send call to mobile phone.  Mobile phone rings and is answered.  Mobile phone can hear the calling party as expected.

External phones can call internal phones.  Internal phones can call external phones.  Internal phones can CFA to external phones with 2-way audio as well.

Has anyone seen this?  Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Steve

4 Replies 4

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

What IOS are you running? Is the call hairpinned out the same gateway it arrived on? If that is the case it seems a problem with hairpinned calls. I suggest you upgrade your IOS to see if it helps. If the call goes out via anothe gateway then checn network connectivity between the inbound and outbound gateway

Please rate all useful posts

"There is a wideness in God's mercy Like the wideness of the sea.There's a kindness in His justice Which is more than liberty"

Please rate all useful posts

I had the same problem on Windows 8.1.

Solution: Run Cisco Configuration Professional as Administrator and it works.

I have no idea why this is required, and it's pretty bad from a OS security perspective.
It's connecting to another device, why does it need admin privs on your PC? Bad installer?

It works without admin privs, after you have run it the first time you've uninstalled the previous version, rebooted and installed again. After that, you need admin privileges.

at
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

we had a similar issue last year - called user did not hear calling user after switching via mobility from mobilphone  to deskphone, calling party could hear all - after upgrading router 2921 ios from "15.2.1T1" to "15.2.2T" this issue gone away

maybe this helps

alex

stevegustafson
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 3945 Universal 15.2.2T.  Call is not hairpining on same gateway, it is going out a seperate gateway.  I have however tried it with hairpinning, and there is no change.  Network connectivity is fine between gateways.  Gateways are configured as sip trunks, not H.323 gateways.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: