Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice Access strange problem

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello people,

I had succesfully configured MVA on a customer with CUCM 7.1.5, 2821 h323 VG with E1.

It was working perfectly!!

Suddenly they told me that it doesn't work..

Here is what is happening:

After they place the number they want to call, they just hear nothing for some seconds and then the call drops.

It seems like the system tries to reach the MVA number and then it receives User Busy and it drops

The call for the external call does not even reach the voice gateway as I noticed on the debugs.

I checked the configuration but I didn't see any change.

The reroute CSS of the Remote Destination Profile is correct.

The Service Parameters are correct.

It's very strange because it used to work!

Any suggestions?

6 Replies 6

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Any help please?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I would start with debug h225 asn/debug voip ccapi inout, debug voice application vxml all.  If those show the call being extended to CUCM but failing, it's time to get CCM traces.

Just some things to check:

Do you have redirecting header inbound checked on the H323 gateway?  It should be checked.

Can the inbound CSS on the H323 gateway reach the number configured under Media Resources -> Mobile Voice Access?

HTH

pmvillarama
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Could you try changing the Service parameters to COMPLETE MATCH and see if that would change the behaviour. I have experienced the same issue when it is set to PARTIAL MATCH. but unfortunately i still dont know the cause up to this point.

The only thing that doesn't work is the "final" call..

Here is exactly what is going on:

I call from my mobile phone tha MVA number.

I listen the correct message "Welcome to Cisco Unified............"

I am prompted to enter my pin.

I place my pin and the call proceeds.

Then, the systems tells me to press "1" to place a call, "2" to enable Mobillity etc.....

If I press "2" the Mobility is enabled correctly!!!

If I press "1" it says to place the number I want to call and then to press #.

I place the number, I press #....  I wait for some seconds and then I receive a busy tone and the line drops...

I have also enabled "debug isdn q931" on the VG and I see that tha call doesn't even reach it.

The strange thing is that I haven't changed anything on CUCM... but It used to work!!

Paul have you fixed the problem? The service parameters is already configured as Complete Match.

Hi,

In my issue, the service parameter was set to partial match. in this point, I experienced the same behaviour which i can only reach the "press the desired (PSTN) number then press #" MVA announcement. After that a few seconds of dead air then just busy tone. I tried to check config CSS, etc all seems ok. But, when I changed the parameters to "COMPLETE MATCH" and set the number to 11. This made the MVA announcement to "enter your destination number and pin" but it successfully routes the calls  to PSTN.

Sorry if i dont have the right fix.

aedamasceno
Level 1
Level 1

My problem was resolved after I noticed I neglected to put the commands in the h323 interface:

h323-gateway voip interface

h323-gateway voip bind srcaddr xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx (Interface's ip address).

After that I was able to make calls properly...

Also check if you forgot the command:

voice service voip

allow-connections h323 to h323

I hope this helps