Views
Helpful
Replies

Mobile Voice Access with MGCP Problem

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

A customer has a CUCM 7.1.5 and 2911 VG with PRI line. It works excellent with MGCP.

I was asked to enable Mobile Voice Access. I 've made all the appropriate configuration but it doesn't work.

On the debug isdn q931 I get the Unallocated/unassigned number message.

The call flow is:

-The provider send me 3 digits

-I send them on the CUCM where I have configured 2 Gateways. The mgcp that used to work and a new H323 (with the IP address of gig0/0 of the mgcp)

-On both gateways I put a prefix "1" because all the internal number are 1XXX

The mva number is "1400".

I have configured 2 dial-peers:

dial-peer voice 44 voip

service mva

session target ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxx

incoming called-number 400

codec g711ulaw

!

dial-peer voice 45 voip

destination-pattern 400

session target ipv4:xxxxxxxxxxx

codec g711ulaw

!

I remember that I had configured mobile voice access with mgcp to a customer with BRI lines and was working fine.

I don't know what is going on here.

All CSS and Partitions are configured correctly.

It seems like the call is "captured" first by the mgcp.... I don't know..

Any ideas?

27 Replies 27

Hello derveniss, I know this post has a lot of time, but I was wondering what did you make in order to correct your issue.

I have some kind of similar problem, on debugs appears as unallocated number,

I listen the "Welcome" message.

I enter my remote destination number..

I press my pin

I press "1" in order to make a call

It prompts me to press the number I want to call

I press the number

But after the "#",

Afterwards nothing happens.. and after a while, the line drops

My scenario it's a little bit different.

3rd vendor PBX (Nortel)--> E1 CAS --> ROUTER 1 --> h323--> ROUTER 2 (vxml APP)-->h323--> CUCM

Thanks in advantgae for your help

derveniss
Level 1
Level 1

please?

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you login and reach the virtual profile then check the " calling search space" on the RDP. THis is the CSS that is responsible for letting you call via MVA.

The calling search space at the remote destination profile is correct.

But I noticed the above:

The calling search space at the h323 gateway (incoming calls) contains a CSS with ONLYone partition. The partition P-MVA which is the partition of the mva number.

If I add on this CSS any other partition I have the following: when I press the number I want to call and then #, I listen again the initial "Welcome" message..

Can this help?

anybody?

Hello people,

any update for this?

ty

Here I am again..

I must check this configuration on the customer.

I have 2 issues..

The problem now is that the system does not recognize the remote destination number.. I really dont know why..

On service parametes i have checked the Complete Match...

Is there any debug on the router or is there any other way to see the whole call flow with the calling/called party at each leg?

In which part the system compares the remote destination which in the database with the calling number from the pstn?

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi,

kindly you need to change under call manager service parameters you need to change  from complete to partial match.

HTH

Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Thanks for the reply.

I have just found out from the debug voice ccapi inout on the vg that the system sees the 1381 as calling number and perhaps that's why it does not recognise it as my regural remote destination.

1381 is my internal directory number and I have associated it with the remote destination profile..

Why, how and when it transforms my remote destination number with my internal directory number?

anybody?

Anas Abueideh
Level 9
Level 9

Hi

i have reviewed the questions and answers. I found that your main issue is solved. the final issue is matching your remote destination number.

My recommendation first to debug dialpeer on voice gateway to check the sequence of matched dialpeers. after that change the MVA to pots dialpeer instead of voip, also change the incoming-called number to match the mva DID. also make sure that you configure partial match under call manager service parameters.

HTH
Anas

please rate if it is helpful

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Hello and thanks fore the reply,

I cant understand why, how and when the system transforms the original calling number (my cellphone number which is the remote destination) with my directory number....

This is the reason the system does not recognize the remote destination...

any ideas?

I am finding this post after many years, I don't know if you figured this one out or not.

But the answer below:

This is a limitation of this set up:

• Mobile Voice Access gets configured in hairpin mode. (When Mobile Voice Access that is configured in hairpin mode is used, users who are calling the system do not get identified automatically by their caller ID. Instead, users must manually enter their remote destination number prior to entering their PIN number.)

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmfeat/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100/CUCM_BK_F3AC1C0F_00_cucm-features-services-guide-100_chapter_0110111.pdf