Views
Helpful
Replies

Modify the background image of IP phone

master001
Level 2
Level 2

Hello,

I wanted to modify the background image of IP phone.   I have uploaded the updated image to CUCM server successfully. 

My question is on last step below - Is there any other way that I, as administrator, could change the options of background images without any user's involvement?   I mean the users doesn't need to manually change anything on their end.

"On the IP Phone,  go to Settings > User Preferences > Background Images, and choose the thumbnail that you want to apply. They should be there now" 

Currently there are 3 options of background images. Most of phones are option 2 & 3. I have uploaded two images files with exact same file name to CUCM, which are option 2 and 3).  The tested phone, is still showing old image option 2 after I restarted TFTP service.  I still have to manually go to phone settings and pick the option 2, and then the phone shows updated background image.    

I heard there are 3 parties applications.... just wonder if any other method to make this happen.  Your input and thought are appreciated.  

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/how-to-modify-change-the-background-image-of-an-ip-phone-new/ta-p/3117518

Best regards,

Master001

4 Replies 4

George Sotiropoulos
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

I havent tried (yet) but I would suggest to modify your Common Phone Profile Configuration, then add the new image to the Background Image field in the format mylogo.png.

cc.png

If you don't want the user selecting their own wallpaper, then uncheck Enable End User Access to Phone Background Image Setting. Save and apply the phone profile. Restart the phones so your changes take effect.

G

Please rate, if useful

Please Rate Posts (by clicking on Star) and/or Mark Solutions as Accepted, when applies

CommSouth
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We (CommSouth) are a 3rd party solution provider on top of Cisco Products. As per the other posts shared by our friends, you can try to do the task manually with the steps detailed in the link shared to you.

Apart, if you are looking to simply this process, we do have a solution for Back ground image changer. If you are interested, please contact me at prasana@commsouth.com

Regards,

Prasana Kumar. P

CommSouth

Head - Business Solutions

+91-9841027006

Regards,
Prasana Kumar.P
CommSouth,
Head - Business Solution
+91-9841027006

You can also look at the attached document for Changing the Cisco IP Phone background image remotely

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: