cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Modifying Background Image on 7945

brooksbrian
Level 1
Level 1

We are trying to change the background image on a IP Phone 7945. We have uploaded the list and png files, and restarting the TFTP service and phone. Here is an attachment of the files.

11 Replies 11

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

you need to start by making the image the right size

7945 / 7965

Full size image-320 pixels (width) X 212 pixels (height).

Thumbnail image-80 pixels (width) X 53 pixels (height).

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

We uploaded the newly modified files to the "Desktops/320x212x16" directory. We are still unable to see images from the phone. We are getting a selections unavailable. Does anyone know how to ensure that the directories and files can be accessed by the user\CCMService, which is used by the TFTP service. Any help would greatly be appreciated. Thanks.

There is a space in your list.xml and it's right in the middle of the filename.

FTP:Desktops/320x212x16/

Check your list file

HTH, please rate...

Justin

Hi!

I have been working for a week now,trying to change the background image of my IP Communicator. Please help!

I am attaching the files.

Am i doing something wrong what services need to be enabled for this to work

hi, you fix the problem ?i have the same problem, and i dont know waht else to do.

a couple of typo's

should have a space between Image Item and you have a ? mark at the end of the file instead of a greater sign.

try this.

FTP:Desktops/320x212x12/TN-vgcclogo_bw.png”

URL=”TFTP:Desktops/320x212x12/vgcclogo_bw.png”/>

Yes, the problem has been resolved. When I would list the list.xml file at the command prompt. It would list an extremely large file. I had to create the file within word(not notepad) and save it as an xml. Then it worked fine. I hope this helps.

HI,

I created the 2 .png files and list.mxl file and TFTP'd them in the desktops/320x212x16 directory with the proper sizes.

I created the list.xml file in word as well.

I uploaded the files to all my servers and restarted the service on all my servers.

I also changed the quote marks since I cut and pasted from the Cisco website (I saw that somewhere else).

I am still getting "selections available"

An thoughts

Thanks,

Randall

Sam Alexander
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone been able to modify the default image on the system for color phones or, set a new one to push out?

currently running CUCM 8.5(1)..

thanks

-Sam

Hello Gurus...please advise.

Has anyone been able to set background logo for 7945 and 7965 phones in CUCM 8.5(1). I have tried everything given the cisco user guide for 79XX for 8.5 but no still selection not available on phones.

-saif

If no selections are unavailable it means that there must be something wrong with the List.xml file can you upload the list.xml file? You have to upload the List.xml file in two folders for 7965 and 7945

Desktops/320x212x16 etc

-

Hassan

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: