AMA-CUCM Troubleshooting: Best Practices for Reading Trace Files

Views
Helpful
Replies
Beginner

MoH & Transfer from PSTN and to PSTN problem in CUCM

Hi.

We have CUCM 11.5 => SIP Trunk => 4321 Voice Gateway => BRI => PSTN

When I make a call from the cisco sip phone to the PSTN, MoH works to the PSTN and also I am able to transfer the call from a cisco phone to another cisco phone successfully.

When I make a call from the PSTN to a cisco sip phone and I press the hold button at the cisco phone the caller from the PSTN hears a double beep and not the MoH. Additionally when I transfer the call to another cisco phone I hear the double beep till transfer is pressed twice and the receiver picks up the call and then nothing happens, I hear dead air.

Can someone help me?

3 REPLIES 3
Cisco Employee

Re: MoH & Transfer from PSTN and to PSTN problem in CUCM

Two different issues here. One with MOH and then with audio. Is it one-way audio or is it no audio at all ? Who is the MOH source ? IOS or CUCM ? Multicast or Unicast ?

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"
Highlighted
Beginner

It is no audio at all.

MoH is the CUCM Sub and then Pub and it is Unicast.

Cisco Employee

Can you grab logs for the following debugs ? Let me know the calling, called and if you do a transfer, the redirecting number as well.

debug ccsip message
debug ccsip error
debug voice ccapi inout
debug isdn q931

Attach a "show run" as well. While the call is active, grab the following a couple of times repeatedly -

show voip rtp connection
show call active voice compact
show call active voice brief

Nipun Singh Raghav
"We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them"
CreatePlease to create content
Content for Community-Ad
August's Community Spotlight Awards