Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH and Lync

mightyking
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Everyone,

I am trying to remove the Moh from the conference calls but don't seem to be able to manage those calls coming into the meeting from Lync. Does Lync looks at the MRGL/DP configured in the Client Service Framework for the Moh?

Thanks,

MK

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is this CUCI-Lync since you mention CSF, or is the Lync participant calling into the CUCM conference across SIP trunk?

Chris

Its CUCI-Lync and also Lync participant calling into the CUCM confernece using SIP trunk.

Thanks,

MK

Any idea Chris?

Who is starting the conference bridge and who is hearing the MOH? I am assuming this is ad-hoc CUCM conference bridge which by default suppresses MOH to all participants, you can check that by looking at the service parameter:

"Suppress MOH to Conference Bridge Required Field" which should be set to True.

HTH,

Chris

The CFB is in the CUCM and some remote people use their Lync to call into CF. The "Suppress MOH To Confernece Bridge" is set to true but we hear Moh from those Lync phones when they put the meeting on hold. My question is how the SIP trunk deals with Moh. Does it look at the MRGL configured for the CSF or it looks at the CUCM service parameters filed "Default Network/User hold MOH Audio Source ID"?

Thanks,

MK

Well this is expected as Lync is an external system, this is no different from if you called in from PSTN and the system you are on is configured to provide MOH.  The MOH is coming from Lync side not CUCM.

HTH,

Chris

Chris, the follwoing is the call flow:

Cisco Phone <----> CUCM SIP Trunk <-----> CUBE <-----> Lynce Media Server.

In this case, is the Moh coming from Lync Media Server?

Thanks,

MK

If it is the Lync user pressing HOLD button then yes. MOH source file always originated from the person initiating hold.

HTH,

Chris

Thanks,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: