Views
Helpful
Replies

moh does not run between extensions

ebispo
Level 1
Level 1

Srs, how are you?

I'm having a problem executing MOH, I've done the audio conversion as requested by CUCM, G711u, 8Hz, 8bit, mono. When making a call within the CUCM extension x extension the MOH does not run, the connection is muted,
but if the connection is made out by the PSTN or SIP the same is performed when the CUCM user places the call on hold.

Has anyone ever had this kind of situation and can you guide me in some solution?

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

preferably, we would be needing  the CUCM logs + IPVMS details logs for the time. FYI make sure we are good with -

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-custom-media-files-for-music-on-hold/ta-p/3144809

++ also MOH file is installed on all the CUCM nodes running CCM/IPVMS service.

regards.

View solution in original post

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

can you see the wav file under the "MOH Audio file management" page? Make sure you upload the files on all the CUCM servers (Pub and Subs). Once done, check the User and Network hold MOH settings. Make sure the device is configured for MOH (MOH should be selected at the MRG and MRGL)

Check the IPVMS is activated. Do plan for a IPVMS service restart after work hours.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

tgaur
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

hi,

preferably, we would be needing  the CUCM logs + IPVMS details logs for the time. FYI make sure we are good with -

https://community.cisco.com/t5/collaboration-voice-and-video/configuring-custom-media-files-for-music-on-hold/ta-p/3144809

++ also MOH file is installed on all the CUCM nodes running CCM/IPVMS service.

regards.

After I remove the "Allow Musti-casting" selection within the Music On Hold Server Audio Source Configuration, it worked, funny that in version 8.6 and 10.5 the audios are selected and still work.

But the problem was solved.

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

can you see the wav file under the "MOH Audio file management" page? Make sure you upload the files on all the CUCM servers (Pub and Subs). Once done, check the User and Network hold MOH settings. Make sure the device is configured for MOH (MOH should be selected at the MRG and MRGL)

Check the IPVMS is activated. Do plan for a IPVMS service restart after work hours.

Hope this Helps

Cheers
Rath!
***Please rate helpful posts***

After I remove the "Allow Musti-casting" selection within the Music On Hold Server Audio Source Configuration, it worked, funny that in version 8.6 and 10.5 the audios are selected and still work.

But the problem was solved.