Replies

MoH doesn´t work on PSTN

CSCO10571159
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

I have a problem with MoH in CUCM 8.0.3

To hold someone locally is working with moh

but to hold someone thourgh PSTN is not working the moh. I hear silence.

I checked the phone have correct MRGL with MRG (MTP software and MoH)

Enabled several codecs (G711, G729) in service parameters

Gateway H323 2811 with 2xPRI

Any help??

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  CSCO10571159,

When you you put pstn caller on hold , the mrgl, mrg of the held partyy is checked and the audio source of the phone who is pressing the hold button is checked.

1) Please check the MRGL of the gateway through which the calls are going by going to device page of the call manager

Device-->Gateway -->Select the gateway ---check the gateway has the mrgl which contains the mrg which contains moh server.

since in this case only  pstn callers are the ones having the problem , so the mrgl of the held party which is pstn in this case, hence the mrgl of th gateway needs to be checked.hence the mrgl of the gateway should have the mrg which should ontain moh server.

But since you are hearing the silence or dead air I am suspecting thats not the issue with mrgl because then you would be hearing 3 beeps or tone on hold

2) are you using multicast or unicast ??

If you are using multicast, have you tried with unicast ??

HTH

Please rate if you find the information useful.

Regards

Sumit

View solution in original post

Hi,

Make sure that the file you are using as the audio source on the phone who is pressing the hold button is present in all the servers the clusters.

Also try to make it work using unicast and check show call active voice brief while putting the pstn caller on hold atleast 3 times to see if the Tx.Rx packets are being incrementing.

Please Rate if you find this info useful.

HTH

Regards,

sumit

Hi Vignesh,

I think you are talking about the bug CSCtl21854 but if you look at the bug details this is applicable in 15 version of IOS image , and he is running 12.4 image.

Also Please make it work with unicast , if that works with unicast, then we will troubleshoot why it is not working with multicast.

PS:Rate if you find the info useful.

HTH

Regards,

sumit

18 Replies 18

Payal Bhaduri
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Does the gateway MRGL have access to the MOH server?

Also which version of IOS are you uisng?

Hi

thanks 4´ur reply

IOS c2800nm-spservicesk9-mz.124-24.T4

What do you mean with

Does the gateway MRGL have access to the MOH server?

Gateway can ping MoH Server

Attached GW config

Rgds

Ping just means there is connectivity, not that it's properly configured or that it should work.

Go to GW config, look at the MRGL field (and also at the device pool since there is a MRGL trere as well). At least one of those MRGL need to have the MOH server so you can get MOH.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

sumimanc
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi  CSCO10571159,

When you you put pstn caller on hold , the mrgl, mrg of the held partyy is checked and the audio source of the phone who is pressing the hold button is checked.

1) Please check the MRGL of the gateway through which the calls are going by going to device page of the call manager

Device-->Gateway -->Select the gateway ---check the gateway has the mrgl which contains the mrg which contains moh server.

since in this case only  pstn callers are the ones having the problem , so the mrgl of the held party which is pstn in this case, hence the mrgl of th gateway needs to be checked.hence the mrgl of the gateway should have the mrg which should ontain moh server.

But since you are hearing the silence or dead air I am suspecting thats not the issue with mrgl because then you would be hearing 3 beeps or tone on hold

2) are you using multicast or unicast ??

If you are using multicast, have you tried with unicast ??

HTH

Please rate if you find the information useful.

Regards

Sumit

Hi Sumit

i have a MOH issue, can you help me plz to solve it

i`m using cisco cucm-BE with mgcp protocol with the gateways,

When someone called form the pstn to the cucm and after he hear the autoattendant:

the    MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an    internal extension i hear a ring back tone and sometimes i hear the MOH  for one second but when i dial 0 i hear the   MOH Normally after "wait  while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension normally?

the following is done:

-am using unicast MOH

- that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

thanks

https://172.16.95.1:8443/ccmadmin/vmPortEdit.do?key=f3c8995b-54b2-d0f2-f4b8-ff99875ed696

i`m using cisco cucm-BE with mgcp protocol with the gateways,

When someone called form the pstn to the cucm and after he hear the autoattendant:

the    MOH only works when i press 0 (the operator) and when i press an    internal extension i hear a ring back tone and sometimes i hear the MOH  for one second but when i dial 0 i hear the   MOH Normally after "wait  while i transfer your call"

how i can hear the MOH too after i dial the internal extension normally?

the following is done:

-am using unicast MOH

- that media resource is enabled. Media Resource->MoH Server and verify that the run flag is set to YES.

- Restart the Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- Check if G711,G729 is enabled for MoH in Service Parameters->Call Manager->Cisco IP Voice Media Stream App service.

- the IP Phones or Gateways has assigned the MRGL that include the MOH resource.

thanks

CSCO10571159
Level 1
Level 1

I am afraid that is not working with multicast or unicast

I check MRGL on GW.In fact RTMT counters of MoH unicast resource avaliable decrease when I press hold button for PSTN callers

Regards

Hi,

Make sure that the file you are using as the audio source on the phone who is pressing the hold button is present in all the servers the clusters.

Also try to make it work using unicast and check show call active voice brief while putting the pstn caller on hold atleast 3 times to see if the Tx.Rx packets are being incrementing.

Please Rate if you find this info useful.

HTH

Regards,

sumit

Hi,

Greetings,

AFAIK, When hearing silence on pressing hold,99% of the time it is related to infrastructure, and now a days one particular command ip cef creates problem(silence). Can you try executing command "no ip cef" and test the same ?

Usually Tone on Hold means its CUCM configuration issue.

Will share more about this based on the test result.

HTH.

Vignesh

vkumarjr
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Greetings,

AFAIK, When hearing silence on pressing hold,99% of the time it is related to infrastructure, and now a days one particular command ip cef creates problem(silence). Can you try executing command "no ip cef" and test the same ?

Usually Tone on Hold means its CUCM configuration issue.

Will share more about this based on the test result.

HTH.

Vignesh

Hi Vignesh,

I think you are talking about the bug CSCtl21854 but if you look at the bug details this is applicable in 15 version of IOS image , and he is running 12.4 image.

Also Please make it work with unicast , if that works with unicast, then we will troubleshoot why it is not working with multicast.

PS:Rate if you find the info useful.

HTH

Regards,

sumit

Re bug CSCtl21854, Enabling Duplex Streaming in the CallManager service parameter fixed our issue. PSTN and external SIP calls are now hearing MoH.

This helped me resolve this issue.

Thanks mate, this helped me fixed my issue.

vkumarjr
Level 1
Level 1

Also execute the command "ccm-manager music-on-hold", this command is required for both MGCP nad H323 gw's

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: