cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH Multicast

Jason Spring
Level 1
Level 1

We have 15 sites using CUCM and I was wondering what the best way to setup MOH? We are using h.323 gateways and I have an MOH server setup in CUCM but have been told that doing it that way would could possibly cosume alot of bandwidth at corporate. If I setup a multicast stream and I have 10 calls that are placed on hold at 10 different remote sites at the same time, would I be using 10 times the bandwidth of a single stream?

If so, what is the best way to setup MOH on the gateway using CUCM?

Thanks in advance.

Jason Spring

3 Replies 3

acampbell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jason,

Yes you can run your MOH on the local gateways.

See the enclosed PDF

Regards,
Alex.
Please rate useful posts.

Regards, Alex. Please rate useful posts.

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Jason,

To conserve bandwidth play the MOH from flash, here is a doc on it:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

HTH,

Chris

One point to note is that to play MoH from the gateways they must be licensed for SRST (or CME as SRST).

If your WAN supports multicast and is not completely starved of bandwidth I would be tempted to stream multicast across it as there is a management overhead to maintaining the MoH files on the routers (particularly if they recording changes regularly).

Re. multicast bandwidth only one stream will be sent out of your main site and will be forwarded to the remote sites so it should not be too much of an overhead.