cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH on remote site with different audio stream. How it works?

vanwitt
Level 1
Level 1

hello gents,

I have a central cluster and remote sites with local voice gateway and PSTN. Each site has its own MoH audio source and I need to display locally from the router the audio source (mainly to PSTN routers). 

Here is a sample of what I need to achieve and question that I have:

MOH-Serv1 is configured for multicast. Based IP address is 239.1.1.1 / port 16384.

Increment multicast is set on IP address.

MOH-Serv1 has 2 audio sources:

1. MOH Russia
  2. MOH Belgium.

MRG Belgium has MOH-Serv1, MRG Russia has MOH-Serv1

Question 1: Are these 2 audio sources always multicasted on the same IP address (239.1.1.1)? Or each audio source will be multicasted on different IP Address due to increment on IP Address (MOH Russia on 239.1.1.1 to .4 and MOH Belgium on 239.1.1.5 to .8)?

VGW Russia has MRG with MOH-Serv1. VGW Russia has MOH Russia in Flash and multicast on IP address 239.1.1.1

VGW Belgium has MRG with MOH-Serv1. VGW Belgium has MOH Belgium in Flash and multicast on IP address 239.1.1.1

Phone Russia (R) call Phone Belgium (B)

R put B on hold.

R, holder, determine the Music to be displayed. User Music on hold is MoH Russia.

B, held phone, has MRGL with MRG Belgium (and so MOH-Serv1).

Question 2: So B receives information from MOH 1 that Music to be heard is MOH Russia and it needs to listen to Multicast IP address 239.1.1.1. VGW in Belgium displayed music in flash (MOH Belgium) on multicast 239.1.1.1. So B will hear local MOH. Correct?

Question 3: On the other way, if B put R on hold, then R receives information from MOH 1 that Music to be heard is MOH Belgium and it needs to listen to Multicast IP address 239.1.1.5 (or 239.1.1.1)? in this case, VGW Russia displayed MOH Russia on multicast IP address 239.1.1.1, so IP Phone R has no music displayed?

Now, phone B is in communication with PSTN phone (so connected through voice gateway).

Phone B puts the PSTN phone on hold. Phone B indicates that music to be displayed is MOH Belgium and VGW Belgium has MRG with MOH-Serv1.

Question 4: MOH_Serv1 with increment IP address multicast will display the MOH Belgium on 239.1.1.5. VGW Belgium will subscribe to this multicast IP address and will receive anything (local flash MOH Belgium broadcasted on 239.1.1.1)?

So, to conclude, when setting MOH SERVER for multicast, with Based IP address set to 239.1.1.1 and increment multicast on IP Address, audio source 1 and audio source 2 will be broadcasted on different IP address. Correct?

If I need to display MOH locally to PSTN caller, I need to configure multicast address on my local VGW corresponding to the MOH audio stream multicast IP address on the MOH Server? And local phones need to have MOH configure for this audio stream? But in this case, as each site will have different audio source and then multicast IP address, MOH will not work when I put on hold another user internally?

Thanks for your help and feedback.

1 Reply 1

Vivek Batra
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Answer1:

For each MoH file, multicast address will be different and incremented with +4.

So MOH Russia will be using 239.1.1.1 to .4 and MOH Belgium 239.1.1.5 to .8 (four streams for four different codecs).

Answer2:

I didn't get exactly whether you want to get music played directly from CUCM or from routers flash. I assume you're referring to play MoH from routers flash.

Since routers flash can stream MoH using only G711mu law, so if R puts B on hold, Russian users MoH source file should be stored in Belgium router and Belgium router should stream it to 239.1.1.1

Answer3:

If B puts R on hold, Belgium MoH file should be stored in Russia router and Russia router should stream it to 239.1.1.5

AFAIK when using MoH from routers flash, it's only for internal phones. To PSTN, always 

Answer4:

I didn't get exactly what you meant to day but I think one of the first three questions should answer to this.

If I need to display MOH locally to PSTN caller, I need to configure multicast address on my local VGW corresponding to the MOH audio stream multicast IP address on the MOH Server? And local phones need to have MOH configure for this audio stream? But in this case, as each site will have different audio source and then multicast IP address, MOH will not work when I put on hold another user internally?

I've difficulty in understanding your question. PSTN is not different in that context. MoH audio source will be selected from callers profile irrespective of called party is IP phone or PSTN.

- Vivek 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: