cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH options for virtual CUCM server

Randall Jackson
Level 1
Level 1

I wanted to find out how others are deploying MOH for CUCM servers that are vitual. We have an 8.6.2 CUCM cluster that currently has a DMX Fusion Player connected via a USB dongle. Planning on virtualizing this server and wanted to know what options there are for physical music on hold sources. Or what others are doing and how you have been able to make it work. Thanks.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Read this:

Integrating Cisco CallManager and Cisco SRST to Use Cisco SRST As a Multicast MOH Resource

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

Appendix B: Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified SRST to Use Cisco Unified SRST as a Multicast MOH Resource

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/srst_appendix_b.html

Short answer, you don't integrate the ISR, you just use the same IP you configure on the ISR, in your CUCM config and instruct phones to listen to that stream.

You just mix the above config with the CME config for a live feed audio source to do what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You have 3 options:

1. do not use hardware MOH, switch to .wav files

2. Deploy MCS server for it

3. Use E&M connection on a router

HTH,

Chris

Thanks for the quick response.

Would Multi-cast MOH be an option? I've been reviewing that configuration, but seeing as how it doesn't work with CTI devices, wasn't sure how that would impact Contact Center integrations.

If I used an E&M port on a router, would the device have to be controlled via MGCP by call manager? Would that E&M resource be registered as an Audio Source?

Have you found advantages for E&M over .wav files?

Thanks.

You would use the SRST as MOH source config, just don't use a wav file, but the E&M port to input the audio

HTH

java

HTH

java

Sure, but multicast vs. unicast has not bearing on your question which was about MOH source rather than delivery.  You can deliver any source (.wav or hardware) via unicast or multicast.

HTH,

Chris

Thank Jamie and Chris.

I see what your saying Chris. Even if I had a wav file, I could use multi-cast or unicast.

If I were to use an E&M port on a router and connect our existing DMX Fusion player up, how would this register to CUCM so that I can add it to our MRG's as I have today with our directly connected hardware? Would there be any functional changes be leveraging the DMX player through an E&M port vs a direct connect to the CUCM MOH server?

Read this:

Integrating Cisco CallManager and Cisco SRST to Use Cisco SRST As a Multicast MOH Resource

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

Appendix B: Integrating Cisco Unified Communications Manager and Cisco Unified SRST to Use Cisco Unified SRST as a Multicast MOH Resource

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/partner/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/srst_appendix_b.html

Short answer, you don't integrate the ISR, you just use the same IP you configure on the ISR, in your CUCM config and instruct phones to listen to that stream.

You just mix the above config with the CME config for a live feed audio source to do what you want.

HTH

java

HTH

java

Hi Randy,

Would you mind sharing what you ended up doing on this?  I have a similar situation: I need to stream a MOH source to a virtualized CUCM environment on a non multicast-enabled network (due to contact center, as well).  Documentation that I've found seems to indicate multicast is required to do this.  Any input you may have would be appreciated.

Thanks!

We just left everything on MCS servers. We would have moved to loading files on the server and virtualize it, however we did not want the music on hold to always start over when placing a user on/off hold, needed to have a continuos stream. No choice but to leverage an existing MCS server so we left it physical.

Thanks for the quick reply.  I noticed in the release notes for Version 10 that MCS will no longer be supported for CUCM, so I was looking for an alternate means of deploying a live feed.  Hoping something will come about - kind of inconvenient to not be able to stream.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: