Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH static in UC520

Hasrat Raja
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I am getting static on UC520 MOH, internal & external calls, IOS version is 12.4(20)T2, just using g711 codec as single site.

Thanks

Hasrat

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sounds like it could be a problem with the connector on the UC520. I would recommend opening a case with TAC to see if they will RMA the unit.

Brandon

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Is MOH being played from a file on the UC520 or an external source? If a file, copy the file off to a computer, play it and see if it has static.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Hi Brandon,

Thank you for the reply, I am using itouch as an external source, if I switch to flash source it is fine, do I need to use a certain kind of jack with itouch ?

hasrat

No, any 3.5mm connector should work. Have tested the itouch with headphones? Is the audio OK? If this works, try plugging the itouch into external speakers using the same cable that is connecting it to your UC520. Any static? If not, this should rule out the cable. The last variable would be the connector on the UC520. If possible, try plugging another device into this connector and see if the problem remains.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Brandon,

sound from external speakers is good, changed cable has no effect, as suggested connected another itouch still hear crackling sound.

hasrat

Sounds like it could be a problem with the connector on the UC520. I would recommend opening a case with TAC to see if they will RMA the unit.

Brandon

I took out itouch from the port and I still heard the crackling sound, then I shut down voice port 0/4/0 and the noise went away, it confirms that it is the voice port. I will move itouch to the fxo port tomorrow and hopefully won't have any noise, will update.

Thanks for all the responses.

hasrat

forgot to update, working without issues on fxo port

Mikeb
Level 1
Level 1

Make sure you use a mono plug, if it's a stereo it will not work.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: