Views
Helpful
Replies

MoH streams

kpintens
Level 1
Level 1

Hi

Is it possible to have mutiple streams from one server, eg 1 CUCM node (= 1 MoH server), 3 departments and each want their own MoH file

Thanks

Koen

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, that's a basic functionality of the MOH server, up to 51 different streams up to 10.5(1), up to 501 on 10.5(2)+

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

but how, I can create the streams but then I can't seen anywhere to attach them to the device pools

(10.5 version CUCM)

• Cisco Unified Communications Manager implements four levels of prioritized audio source ID selection with level four as highest priority and level one as lowest priority.

• The system selects audio source IDs at level four, which is directory/line-based, if defined. (Devices with no line definition, such as gateways, do not have this level.)

• If no audio source ID is defined in level four, the system searches any selected audio source IDs in level three, which is device based.

• If no level four nor level three audio source IDs are selected, the system selects audio source IDs that are defined in level two, which is Common Device Configuration-based.

• If all higher levels have no audio source IDs selected, the system searches level one for audio source IDs, which are clusterwide parameters.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/10_0_1/ccmsys/CUCM_BK_SE5FCFB6_00_cucm-system-guide-100.html 

HTH

java

so reading this correctly we use the priority to change the order, but what if there are more then 4 streams (since this is a pilot setup, but I heard that the customer wants to extend this to other sites)

You use more than 4 streams, not sure what you're asking, you simply change the ID of the MOH stream you want, I suggest you actually try this, and then come back with further questions.

HTH

java

3 device pools (3 departments)

need 3 different MoH, how do I attach the streams to the device pool

think this is clear to me at least

so DP A, has MRGL A, MRGA... now how can I attach stream A to this

Already posted where you can attach the MOH streams to, device pool level is NOT an option (it used to be, it was replaced by Common Device Level). There are 4 levels, see my previous post.

Those are the options to which you can attach the selection of MOH stream, and are used in the order explained.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: