Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH via E&M - 2801

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 8 remote sites, all of which have an individual MOH device.  This device connects to the local VG via an E&M card.  I have configured the audio source in CUCMBE, but I do not have any MOH when the source is configured on the phone.  The configuration I have on the VG is:

voice-port 0/0/0
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate
description MOH Live Feed

When a call is placed on hold there is silence.  I have the card configured as Type I.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

30 Replies 30

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Jeff,

Have you configured the dial peer and moh-live command as detailed in the following link?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html#wp1134044

Hope this helps.

Brandon

All that I have configured on the VG is:

voice-port 0/0/0
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate
description MOH Live Feed

This is for everyday use not just for SRST.  Do i still need a dial-peer?

Yes, you do. You will also need to setup multicast MOH on the 2801 and in CUCM to trick the branch phones into listening to the multicast stream from the router. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Thanks Brandon.

So is it not feasible to try to get this to work on a couple phones at HQ and then do it for all phones?  This is a new service being implemented by the customer and i would like to NOT knock out all of their existing MOH until I know this is correct.

Yes, that is feasible, but a little more difficult to test at the HQ. You'll need to make sure that multicast traffic from CUCM cannot reach the phone to insure that the phone is in fact receiving MOH from the live source.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

Currently i have just the config on the voice-port, and the audio source created in CUCM.  I have the audio source assigned to my 2 test phones, and when i place a call on hold i hear dead silence....which i guess is "good".  Now if i change to MOH live-feed that is going to kill all MOH at this site right?

I'm assuming the other phones are receiving MOH from CUCM? If so, changing to the live feed for your test phones should not affect the others. If they are receiving multicast MOH from the router, then yes it will affect them.

Brandon

The other phones are receiving their MOH from CUCM.  show ccm-manager music-on-hold returns that the application is not enabled.

OK. Other phones should not be affected by enabling multicast MOH on this router and changing the MOH source for your test phones.

Brandon

I also have a question about the VG config in the link you posted:

voice-port 1/0/0 
input gain 3
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate
!
dial-peer voice 7777 pots
destination-pattern 7777
port 2/0/0
!
!
call-manager-fallback
max-conferences 8
max-dn 1
moh-live dn-number 3333 out-call 7777

Is that DN an arbitrary number?

Yes, this DN is a number of your choosing.

Brandon

So......Cisco TAC is telling me that with CUCM 6.x and above I have to use a USB dongle and what I'm trying to accomplish is not possible....is this

correct?

The doc doesn't mention anything about CUCM version. I wasn't aware of this limitation, but maybe I'm missing something. Which piece are they saying will not work? The E&M card for a live source? Only CCME/SRST has to support this as the MOH stream will be coming from the router. CUCM will be telling the phone to listen to its MOH, but since multicast will not cross the boundary you have set in your network, the branch phone will listen to the local multicast stream.

Brandon

I was told Linux based CUCM would only support USB as a live audio source.  Think it's time to requeue....

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: