Views
Helpful
Replies

MOH via E&M - 2801

jeffrey-young
Level 1
Level 1

Hello all,

I have 8 remote sites, all of which have an individual MOH device.  This device connects to the local VG via an E&M card.  I have configured the audio source in CUCMBE, but I do not have any MOH when the source is configured on the phone.  The configuration I have on the VG is:

voice-port 0/0/0
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate
description MOH Live Feed

When a call is placed on hold there is silence.  I have the card configured as Type I.

Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks,
Jeff

30 Replies 30

They are referring to the fact that Linux based CUCM versions do not support integrated sound cards for a live MOH feed. This is true. However, I don't think they understand what you are trying to accomplish. Refer them to the doc that I linked. It details a way to trick branch phones into listening to local multicast MOH.

Hope this helps.

Brandon

She referred me to the same doc!

Anyhow, i have everything configured according to the document and the remote site phones are still not receiving any MOH.  Items in red are what have been  added to my VG

voice-port 0/0/0
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate

dial-peer voice 7777 pots
destination-pattern 7777
port 0/0/0

call-manager-fallback
secondary-dialtone 9
max-conferences 4 gain -6
transfer-system full-blind
ip source-address 172.16.9.1 port 2000
max-ephones 15
max-dn 30
system message primary SYSTEM in Failover Mode
dialplan-pattern 1 81684267.. extension-length 4
transfer-pattern 1...
translation-profile outgoing CLID
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384
moh-live dn-number 3333 out-call 7777

!

Which MOH audio source is configured in CUCM for these phones? Your multicast port could be something other than 16384. See the following link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/iosswrel/ps5207/products_feature_guide09186a00802d1c31.html#wp1089886

Brandon

On the phone the audio source is 51: Live MOH.

I misread that link to mean the port had to be 16384.  Can it be....say 20000?

Make the audio source 1 on CUCM. Assuming the codec to this location is g.711 mu-law, port 16384 will be used. If you used g.729 to this location, port 16388 would be used. The port configured in SRST needs to match.

Brandon

The codec to this location is 711.  Audio source 1 is the sample audio isn't it?

It doesn't really matter what CUCM says the audio is. This simply tells the remote phones what multicast IP address and port to listen to. The remote router will stream the MOH on the same port that CUCM tells the phone to listen to. Since multicast will not cross the WAN in this scenario, the phones will hear the stream from the local router and not what CUCM is playing.

Brandon

With that configuration....i hear the default MOH from CUCM.  SHould i change hops to 1 in CUCM?

Another odd thing...when i dial 7777 from one of my test phones...i receive a busy signal?

Yes.

now my million dollar question...is that going to reset anything??

Only if you're using multicast MOH sourced from CUCM at other remote locations. If so, these locations would no longer be able to receive MOH with the hop count set to 1.

Brandon

Just so i'm clear about the changes that I have made.

On CUCM:

Hops set to 1 for Multicast MOH

Phone is set to audio source 1

On Gateway:

voice-port 0/0/0
auto-cut-through
operation 4-wire
signal immediate

dial-peer voice 7777 pots
destination-pattern 7777
port 0/0/0

call-manager-fallback
secondary-dialtone 9
max-conferences 4 gain -6
transfer-system full-blind
ip source-address 172.16.9.1 port 2000
max-ephones 15
max-dn 30
system message primary SYSTEM in Failover Mode
dialplan-pattern 1 81684267.. extension-length 4
transfer-pattern 1...
translation-profile outgoing CLID
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384
moh-live dn-number 3333 out-call 7777

!

Looks good.

I am still receiving the cisco MOH.

And the busy signal.  I'm trying to dial '7777' and i get a busy signal.  When i shut/no shut the voice port, and dial 7777 i hear the MOH, when i try to call it again it is busy.  Very strange..

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: