cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Monitor Conference Now Connections

Chin Jam
Level 1
Level 1

Is it possible to terminate a Conference Now session after the Host disconnects from the call? 

I have been reading numerous discussions on Conference Now and it doesn't look to be configurable like it is for the Ad Hoc conference - using the Drop Ad Hoc Conference Clusterwide paramerter and options.  I do not want the conference now session to be open indefinitely after a host disconnects.  Is there another way to terminate the conference now session?

Is there an RTMT alert that can monitor active Conference Now connections?  I've looked but this feature doesn't seem to use the Cisco SW Conference Bridge Device or the CallManager > SWConferenceActive.

I haven't tested but would resetting the "Attendee Access code" immediately after the conference terminate an active conference call?

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Neither one, maximum conference-participants under the dspfarm configuration defines that, as it's not configured, the default is 8.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No, there is no way to end it as it's really a meet-me with the IVR as the front end to access it.

No way to end it, aside from bouncing the CFB.

I don't believe there's any dedicated RTMT counter for this.

HTH

java

Thanks for the quick reply Jaime!

The Drop Ad hoc Conference settings are there to eliminate the potential for toll fraud.  Is there any way to minimize this fraud potential with Conference Now?

Also if I bounce the CFB (I'm using software not hardware) shouldn't the RTMT monitors for the CFB show active calls?  I tested with both "Cisco SW Conference Bridge Device > SWConferenceActive" and the "Call Manager > SWConferenceActive" and neither detected the Conference Now active connections. 

Should I be using another Counter to capture these calls?

Ok, I found that the configuration is using a Cisco IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge and I am seeing this in RTMT.
My question now is, since the document I read indicates that a Cisco IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge supports up to 8 participants:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/11_5_1/sysConfig/11_5_1_SU1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1151su1/cucm_b_system-configuration-guide-1151su1_chapter_01000000.html

Is 8 participants also the limit for Conference Now despite the CUCM Conference Service Parameters for "Maximum MeetMe Conference Unicast" being set to 16?

I am trying to determine the maximum number of participats I can have for a Conference Now using a Cisco IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge.

I don't have much experience with this so any guidance would be appreciated.

If the number of conferencees is lower in the dspfarm than the CUCM parameters, yes, it will take precedence.

If it's the other way around, the CUCM parameter would be the limit.

The only way to find out if it's set to 8, is to go to the ISR and look at the config, you can go above 8, but it depends on the codecs from the profile.

HTH

java

Thanks for the response.

I've looked at the ISR config for the dspfarm below and I see "maximum sessions 2" and under telephony services "max-conferences 8 gain -6". I'm not sure which is the conference participant limit:

dspfarm profile 1 conference
codec g711alaw
codec g711ulaw
codec g729ar8
codec g729abr8
codec g729r8
codec g729br8
maximum sessions 2
conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone
associate application SCCP

!
dial-peer cor custom
name internal
name local
name local-plus
name international
name national
name national-plus
name emergency
name toll-free
!
!

telephony-service
sdspfarm conference mute-on 111 mute-off 222
sdspfarm units 2
sdspfarm tag 1 CFB_CALVGW-01
conference hardware
srst mode auto-provision none
srst ephone template 10
srst ephone description SRST Fallback : Jul 25 2011 11:42:38 : Sep 09 2011 15:09:26
srst dn template 10
srst dn line-mode octo
max-ephones 42
max-dn 100
ip source-address 10.10.57.10 port 2000
max-redirect 12
calling-number initiator
service phone videoCapability 1
service phone ehookenable 1
service dnis overlay
service dnis dir-lookup
timeouts interdigit 5
system message XXXXXXXXXXX
cnf-file location flash:
cnf-file perphone
time-zone 6
keepalive 30 auxiliary 4
max-conferences 8 gain -6
call-forward pattern .T
call-forward pattern 91800XXXXXXX
moh enable-g711 "music-on-hold_10db.au"
multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.10.57.10
dn-webedit
time-webedit
transfer-system full-consult dss
transfer-pattern .T
transfer-pattern 9.T
secondary-dialtone 9
fac standard
create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00

Neither one, maximum conference-participants under the dspfarm configuration defines that, as it's not configured, the default is 8.

HTH

java

Thanks again!
To confirm, with the "Cisco IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge" hardware CFB the maximum is 8 and this cannot be increased but it can be decreased using "maximum conference-participants" under dspfarm.

Is there a document or example of configuring an ISR as a "Cisco IOS Enhanced Conference Bridge"? 

Is all of the config below required (dspfarm & telephony-service) to enable/register another one in my environment:

dspfarm profile 1 conference
 codec g711alaw
 codec g711ulaw
 codec g729ar8
 codec g729abr8
 codec g729r8
 codec g729br8
 maximum sessions 2
 conference-join custom-cptone CCAjointone
 conference-leave custom-cptone CCAleavetone
 associate application SCCP

!
dial-peer cor custom
 name internal
 name local
 name local-plus
 name international
 name national
 name national-plus
 name emergency
 name toll-free
!
!

telephony-service
 sdspfarm conference mute-on 111 mute-off 222
 sdspfarm units 2
 sdspfarm tag 1 CFB_CALVGW-01
 conference hardware
 srst mode auto-provision none
 srst ephone template 10
 srst ephone description SRST Fallback : Jul 25 2011 11:42:38 : Sep 09 2011 15:09:26
 srst dn template 10
 srst dn line-mode octo
 max-ephones 42
 max-dn 100
 ip source-address 10.10.57.10 port 2000
 max-redirect 12
 calling-number initiator
 service phone videoCapability 1
 service phone ehookenable 1
 service dnis overlay
 service dnis dir-lookup
 timeouts interdigit 5
 system message XXXXXXXXXXX
 cnf-file location flash:
 cnf-file perphone
 time-zone 6
 keepalive 30 auxiliary 4
 max-conferences 8 gain -6
 call-forward pattern .T
 call-forward pattern 91800XXXXXXX
 moh enable-g711 "music-on-hold_10db.au"
 multicast moh 239.1.1.1 port 16384 route 10.10.57.10
 dn-webedit
 time-webedit
 transfer-system full-consult dss
 transfer-pattern .T
 transfer-pattern 9.T
 secondary-dialtone 9
 fac standard
 create cnf-files version-stamp Jan 01 2002 00:00:00

No, that's wrong.

Both maximums depend on available resources.

maximum number of participants depends on the codecs you use, if not configured, it's 8, but it can be more than that.

maximum number of sessions depends on the above config, and available resources.

Google "cisco ios conference bridge configuration" and you'll find all the info and examples.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: