I would like to know what´s the most stable CCM 8.6 version

Please, post full version number...

thx

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8.6.2.21900-5 has been very stable, but I see 8.6.2.22900-9 was released couple of weeks ago. I have not installed this one yet, so to stay on the safe side I would go with the earlier, unless you see specific fixed bugs in the later version that might affect you.

HTH,

Chris

View solution in original post

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have three clusters running 8.6.2.21900-5. Its been very stable.

Please rate all useful posts

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

8.6.2.21900-5 has been very stable, but I see 8.6.2.22900-9 was released couple of weeks ago. I have not installed this one yet, so to stay on the safe side I would go with the earlier, unless you see specific fixed bugs in the later version that might affect you.

HTH,

Chris

Hi every1

Thanks vey much for your reply, even 8.6.2.21900-5 has more bugs than 8.5 ? i did a search on bug tool and the result was 8.6 has more.

You need to do some due diligence and review the bugs to see which are applicable to you in your deployment. Its not enough to say that there are more bugs  in it than in CUCM 8.5. A while ago while working on a design, I sat with my colleagues and we reviewed the bugs on 8.6 and we were satisfied with what we saw based on our deployment.

If there are bugs which affecta certain features you intend to use, then that calls for some deeper thinking..etc

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Gordon Ross
Level 9
Level 9

8.6 in general has been a solid release for me.

I've been using 8.6.2.20000-2 since it came out.

GTG

Please rate all helpful posts.

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

We have three clusters running 8.6.2.21900-5. Its been very stable.

Watch out for a nasty tomcat issue which is finally fixed in the latest version 8.6.2.22900-9, it hit several of our customers pretty hard taking down call centers, etc.

HTH,

Chris

Do you have a bug ID, Chris ?

GTG

Here is one:

CSCtx83737

I think there are others

may want to look at readme:

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/93949/cucm-readme-862asu2.pdf

I am recommending all customers affected by it immediate upgrade.

HTH,

Chris

Ah, CSCtx83737 is just a Unity bug.

GTG

Not only, notice the readme lists it under CUCM, however bug ID references UCON, it affects both I think.

Chris

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey folks,

Excellent thread here ! +5 to Chris, Deji & Gordon for their awesome input

This one's "special" as well (nice to see a fix);

Warning for CSCtj50884

•This SU contains an update to the RTMT client that addresses a significant memory leak. You must upgrade the client version on any device that uses the RTMT client to completely resolve this issue. Please see the Bug Details of fix CSCtj50884 for complete instructions on resolving this issue.

Cheers!

Rob

"Every fool's got a reason to feelin' sorry for himself" - Springsteen

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: