Views
Helpful
Replies

Move CUCM cluster

calladd03
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

I need to move our CUCM cluster ver. 6.1 and I need some advice.

I found this: http://www.ciscosystems.co.nz/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a008059bbad.shtml  where it's says how to move them but nothing about the registered Gateways.

My question is, changing the Publisher Ip address wouldn't affect the configuration on gateway routers ?

and if not it's sufficient to change the CCM IP address on gateway config or I have to delete and add again the gateways ?

Thanks

Adrian

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You don't need the delete the gateways and add them again.  However, there may be more than just changing the ccm-manager config server command.  If you are building a new cluster or rehoming to a new cluster and use MGCP gateways here is an example of what you might need to change:

no ccm-manager redundant host

ccm-manager redundant host

no ccm-manager config-server

ccm-manager config-server

no mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

sccp ccm group 1

no associate ccm1 priority 1

no associate ccm 1 priority 2

sccp local

no sccp

no sccp ccm identifier 1

no sccp ccm identifier 2

sccp ccm identifier 1 priority 1 version

sccp ccm identifier 2 priority 2 version

sccp

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

In addition, if you have dial peers then you'd need to enter the config for each dial-peer and issue:

no session target ipv4:

session target ipv4:

Lastly, depending on how you have DHCP configured - if you are defining it locally on the gateway then you'll need to enter the DHCP scope for voice and issue:

no option 150

option 150 ip

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

If you are using MGCP Gateways and they are being configured by "ccm-manager config-server" you'll only need to update that line in the gateway configuration.  For H323 or SIP, just update the IP addresses on all your dial peers.  You don't need to delete the gateways from CUCM.

Also, if the router is being used as a Hardware CFB, MTP, or Transcoder you will need to update the 'sccp ccm' lines as well.

So, update only the lines on gateway router.

Nothing to change on CUCM.

Many thanks

Adrian

You don't need the delete the gateways and add them again.  However, there may be more than just changing the ccm-manager config server command.  If you are building a new cluster or rehoming to a new cluster and use MGCP gateways here is an example of what you might need to change:

no ccm-manager redundant host

ccm-manager redundant host

no ccm-manager config-server

ccm-manager config-server

no mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

mgcp call-agent 2427 service-type mgcp version 0.1

sccp ccm group 1

no associate ccm1 priority 1

no associate ccm 1 priority 2

sccp local

no sccp

no sccp ccm identifier 1

no sccp ccm identifier 2

sccp ccm identifier 1 priority 1 version

sccp ccm identifier 2 priority 2 version

sccp

sccp ccm group 1

associate ccm 1 priority 1

associate ccm 2 priority 2

In addition, if you have dial peers then you'd need to enter the config for each dial-peer and issue:

no session target ipv4:

session target ipv4:

Lastly, depending on how you have DHCP configured - if you are defining it locally on the gateway then you'll need to enter the DHCP scope for voice and issue:

no option 150

option 150 ip

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: