cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moved DID from Call Manager

gavinr98
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, hoping someone can help. We were required to move a few DID lines from our list of DID's which were on our PRI connected to Call Manager. We still want to be able to call the Ext from internal and then have the call forwarded to the DID which is now with a different provider. The problem is when I do a call forwarding on the ext to the Full DID, I get a message that the call cannot be completed as dialed. I am not quote sure where the issue is, so looking for some help.

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to make sure you have routing configured to that destination, and that the CSS from that phone has the partition for the routing you have in place. That message means you don't have privileges to use the routing, or there is no routing in place for that destination

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Either there is a gap in knowledge or use of terminology here. You can not “move” a DID from a service provider connection, like a PRI, to CM. In CM you configure Directory Numbers and assign these to device(s). These DNs can be setup as you’d see fit, they for example can be a DID in E.164 format, part of a DID or any other number that has no specific correlation with your DIDs as you can manipulate the called and calling numbers at your will to match your specific system landscape.

Response Signature

It was a bad choice of wording. I was able to get it working, just had the wrong CSS in the configuration of the DN

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Can you call the forwarded destination numbers from the affected phones directly, without call forwarding? 

On the DN's you have call forwarding activated on, check that the Forward All setting has a Calling Search Space attached to it which allows the phone privilege to make that call. 

If you are satisfied you have one in place, use Dialled Number Analyzer, which can be found in CUCM Serviceability. Use the Analyzer option and select the forward all CSS you configured on your DN line to validate the phone can make the call. 

If the results are "Route This Pattern" and its going out the correct end device, move your troubleshooting focus to your PSTN gateway / CUBE / SBC etc