Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving 8.5 Subscriber to another cluster

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Guys,

can any one point me to the docs that gives me the information on how to move a subscriber from one cluster to another

Basically we have 1 cluster that has a subscriber at one of its remote sites.

We want to move this SUB to another cluster as the first cluster will be disappearing. CUCM version is 8.5

We have set up a CUCM group and will transfer the phones first. Once they are over I need to point the subscriber to the new publisher

So looking for the docs that tell me

1. How to safely remove Subscriber from one cluster

2. Change the Pubslierh destination on that subscriber

3.Add the subscriber to ther nwe cluster.

i know i got to run database sync etc, just cant find the docs that will give me the steps to move the subsciber from one Publsiher to another. the SUB will keeps its same IP info with the exception of the PUB address

thanks in advance

paul

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Paul,

There is no way of moving a sub from one cluster to another, simply reinstall the sub and point to the other cluster as if you were adding a brand new sub. You'll just need to ensure you have the exact version install DVD/ISO. Sub install takes less than 2 hours.

HTH,

Chris

Chris,

Thats no problem not installed a SUB since MCS days, the ISO for 8.5 is on the C class chassis  so got to learn sometime, not concerned about installing the SUB just getting the VM part correct, once thats on the sub is plain sailng

thanks you for the answer, i was sort of under the impression we could just switch the PUB IP address in the OS and then resync the databases, good job I asked first

thanks for this

Paul

Also don't forget to remove the subscriber from the System > Servers menu in the old cluster. This will trigger updates to Informix, iptables, DRS, AMC, and other platform daemons to stop attempting to replicate with that node.

There will be a series of certificates lingering in trust stores under OS Administration > Certificate Management that you can delete as well if you are OCD.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: