cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving CallManager and UnityConnection to new VM Datastore

ronald.nutter
Level 1
Level 1

I have just brought a new EMC SAN online and would like to move our Call Manager implementation to the new datastore.  The individual who set this up (a contractor) said that we couldnt use vmotion under any conditions on Call Manager/Unity.  I can understand that given how "chatty" I think call manager is on the files on its logical drive.  My thought is that if I power down the vm, move it to the new datastore and power back up, I should be ok, right ?

Trying to avoid a reinstall and importing of the config file.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yep, shutting it down and moving it over will work fine. vMotion is also supported: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#VMware_vMotion

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Yep, shutting it down and moving it over will work fine. vMotion is also supported: http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Unified_Communications_VMware_Requirements#VMware_vMotion

Please rate useful posts.

Thanks.  Forgot to indicate that Call Manager/Unity are currently running on the hard drives on the UCS blade, so moving this to the SAN is preferred.  Will shut both of them down during the next window and move them off of the local drive and onto the SAN.

in this case, vmotion would not be supported.  you are best to power off and move.

Hi , I need to move a cucm 10.5 from one ucs to another ( same ip etc) .Was going to do a shutdown , then just a file copy. This seems to be the recommended way , anyone have any opinions on this as there seem to be a few third party apps available aswell

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: