cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving from SPA112 to ATA191 But Just Can't Get the ATA191 to Work

khavusr
Level 1
Level 1

So as subject states I'm trying to replace an old SPA112 with a new ATA191 and I've 'mirrored' my old settings in the new unit and did notice that there are a few more new settings in the ATA. But, having mirrored the settings, the ATA191 won't register the connected handset (the LED for phone won't go on and only flashes quickly 3-times) and can't figure out why is so.

So hoping for a few pointers what I'm missing out and what to check to get the ATA191 to work.

4 Replies 4

b.winter
VIP
VIP

You have left out the most importing infos:
Are you using CUCM or any 3rd party PBX?
Are you using Enterprise ATA (only for CUCM) or an MPP ATA (for 3rd party PBX)?

khavusr
Level 1
Level 1

I'm using MPP ATA as I'm using local 3rd party PBX from regional ISP who doesn't support SIP provisioning (well at least not for the ATA-19x). So when using the SPA112 towards the same 3rd party PBX provider I've just configured everything manually and got it to work but as stated, mirroring the settings to the ATA-191 didn't do the trick and I've obviously missed out something which needs to be configed to get the unit to work.

I would recommend to use ata 192 which is MPP versions as your provider is third party SIP.

Response Signature

Are you saying that it's not possible to utilise the ATA-191 to replace the SPA-112 which is actually what Cisco's EOL documenent recommend as replacement unit? Also, to my understanding the ATA-192 only has an extra network port so not sure what else would be the difference here?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: