cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving IP phones from 4.x cluster to 6.x cluster

josolive
Level 1
Level 1

I have a number of phones running on a 4.x cluster that I need to move over to a 6.x cluster. What do I have to do to convert the RTU's to DLU's?

3 Replies 3

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Jose,

I am guessing that you are not using the DMA migration to move from CCM 4.x to CUCM 6.x which would generate the proper info for DLU Licensing :)

Cisco Licensing is very,very good about re-homing these licenses when required. Just send an email to;

licensing@cisco.com

Something like this;

We need to move XXXX Licensed Phones from a CCM 4.x cluster to an existing CUCM 6.x we would require these DLU's

to be tied to existing Publisher MAC AAABBBCCCDDD accordingly. Can you please send us the IP Phone DLU calculator spreadsheet (example attached Jose) so we can fill in the appropriate customer information.

Here is the pertinent info;

End User Name - Bobmart.com

Legal Address - 11223 Fun City Rd

City,Country - Banff, Canada

Purchase Order Number - 111111

Sales Order Number - 2222333

Bill to ID - xxxxx

Ship to ID - xxxxxxxxx

Thanks in advance for all your help with this! Can you please email the new license to:

josolive@cisco.com

Hope this helps!

Rob

Wow Rob, looks like you have done hell lot of migrations and arrived to this email TEMPLATE for licensing team :)

This is one of the funniest replies Rob. Copy paste the reply [with some changes ofcourse] and get the DLUs...

Hey Sushil,

Hope all is well buddy! Just thought I might as well try to lighten things up a little. I wasn't sure anyone would even notice. Of course, I can always depend on you to "See the forest for the trees"!

Cheers!

Huff

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: