Views
Helpful
Replies

mpe phone view

ajames2007
Level 1
Level 1

I get this error

"Host not found" on some phones as soon as I select the service from the phone. on Other phones I can see the 4 options joing meeting etc but when I select one of these I get the error again "Host not found"

any ideas? I have checked DNS

5 Replies 5

lansdellt
Level 4
Level 4

Did you resolution on this? If so, will you post details. I am running into the same issue. Thanks

Hi

Was any fix found for this. I have same issue.

DNS all checked and good.

I can ping hostnames to/from CUCM and MPE.

IP hones have domain + DNS set

Thanks

Keith Fulcher
Level 1
Level 1

Normally this error occurs when the MPE server is not "IPwise" reachable. I would normally start checking for DNS problems, but you said that you checked this already. The phone service is obviously having a problem reaching the URL in the phone service. Just a quick question.....When you receive this error can you dial to the MPE from your CUCM and hear the welcome prompt?

thks for input.

I found the error...the docuemnt that comes with the MPE VMWare image is wrong - it states to use port 8404. If you refer to the conf + maint guide it states to use:

http://server:8080/MPAPI/ipphone/login?serverhost=server:8080

This worked for me.

BUT....I now have the error message on two phones (a 7961 + 7970)

'You have been idle for too long and your session has timed out. To continue using MPE, you must restart your session. Press Exit and restart the application'

The 7960 works fine.

I am getting the same error message. Were you ever able to fix this problem?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: