gpsriramdc
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

I'm having the H323 gateway with the service provider. In that gateway

i) Fast start is enabled

ii) Media Termination Point Required - Checked

iii) MTP codec selection - g729.

iv) Specific MRGL configured in the Gateway with the MTP( Only for this Gateway) Resource.

End Phone Device Pool MRGL contains MTP for other calls.

Kindly clarify how the MTP allocation will happen in the following scenario.

1) Incoming Call & outgoing call  from or to the Service Provider transfered to other endpoint ?

2) Incoming Call & outgoing call from or to the Service Provider is conference with other endpoint ?

3) Incoming Call from the Service provider redirected to the other gateway through the AA ( H323 or SIP requires the MTP ) to reach the extension B [ SP ---> H323 (MTP) --->CUCM---> AA ---> SIP Trunk (MTP required & configured on the Trunk) --> Ext B)

4) Incoming or Outgoing  call from the service provider conference with end point Ext A & Ext B [ SP --> H323 (MTP Required) --->CUCM ----> Ext A --->SIP Trunk (MTP Required & configured on the Trunk page) --->Ext B ]

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Marcos Assakawa
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,  I just want to clarify that every time that the call goes through the H.323 GW, it will allocate the MTP since the MTP is checked.  Answering your questions:  1) Incoming Call & outgoing call  from or to the Service Provider transfered to other endpoint ?  >> It will allocate the MTP and it will keep the MTP allocated after the transfer    2) Incoming Call & outgoing call from or to the Service Provider is conference with other endpoint ?  >> It will allocate the MTP and it will keep the MTP allocated after conference the call with other endpoint.   3) Incoming Call from the Service provider redirected to the other gateway through the AA ( H323 or SIP requires the MTP ) to reach the extension B [ SP ---> H323 (MTP) --->CUCM---> AA ---> SIP Trunk (MTP required & configured on the Trunk) --> Ext B)  >> It will allocate the MTP on both call legs and it will keep the MTP allocated after transfer.      4) Incoming or Outgoing  call from the service provider conference with end point Ext A & Ext B [ SP --> H323 (MTP Required) --->CUCM ----> Ext A --->SIP Trunk (MTP Required & configured on the Trunk page) --->Ext B ]  >> It will allocate the MTP on both call legs and it will keep the MTP allocated after transfer.  I hope this helps.  Marcos

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for the Reply.

Any documents there for the MTP allocation procedure ?

Thanks,

You should start with the 'Media Resources' section of the CUCM SRND.  And then answer any remaining questions by observing what happens in a lab environment.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: