Views
Helpful
Replies

MTP, number translations and RTMT logs

Yuriy Ivkin
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings!

I have some questions and google can't help me. Maybe here i get answer.

1. Where i can get call flow scheme with MTP (signalling,rtp setup order, number translation order) ?

2. Which log i have to look in RTMT to see, what happens with called/calling number on every step of call? In DNA i see only final result.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call manager SDI traces will show all the details of the call setup history, including all media resource allocation etc. You can collect the traces from both CUCM CLI and RTMT. Just make sure you have traces configured in CUCM serviceabilty and set to detailed. If you search here or google (sorry not in front of PC) you will find plenty of information.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

You will need to learn how to read CUCM SDI traces...

There are different elemets in a call trace...some of which are

1. TCP handle used by an IP Phone to communicate to cucm

2. The call id assigned to each call leg

E.g.. The tcp handle in the trace below is this..(0000003)

06/24/2010 11:45:32.089 CCM|StationInit: (0000003) SoftKeyEvent softKeyEvent=1(Redial)

This handle is what CUCM will use to talk to the phone throught the duration of the call.

and

The call id used on this part of the call leg is 42514739

06/24/2010 11:45:32.095 CCM|Digit analysis: insert daResEntry to daResCache.
KeyCi=42514739 ,PID:Cdcc(2,174,4)

Each process will be assisgned a call id. For example when a Media resource is requezted and allocated. It will have a Call id and so on..

It is quite a large field to cover.

I learnt how to read the trace using this great book..Trooubleshooting cisco ip telephony.

http://www.ciscopress.com/store/troubleshooting-cisco-ip-telephony-9781587050756

Please rate all useful posts

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

Terry Cheema
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Call manager SDI traces will show all the details of the call setup history, including all media resource allocation etc. You can collect the traces from both CUCM CLI and RTMT. Just make sure you have traces configured in CUCM serviceabilty and set to detailed. If you search here or google (sorry not in front of PC) you will find plenty of information.

Let us know if you have further queries.

Terry

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Thanks for your answer!

I'm tring to install Cisco Bulk Trace Analysis tool, but i can't find Application > Install Plugins menu item in Serviceability window (CUCM v. 7.1.5.33900-10 ). Administration Application > Plugins also has no Cisco Bulk Trace Analysis tool application. Where i can get it ?

Yuriy,

What you need is cisco Real Time monitoring tool. Go to CUCM admin>applications>plugin search for "Cisco Unified Real-Time monitoring tool-Windows (if you are using windows operating system) or linux version is you are using linux

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thanks for your answer!

I have already downloaded traces with RTMT. Now i need somehow select all strings, which belong to interesting me call. I read about Cisco Bulk Trace Analysis tool, but i can' find it. Is there any other methods, how can i do this?

Yuriy,

First of all you need to configure the traces...

Use this link to configure cucm traces..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186a0080094e89.shtml#calm

Then you need to downlaod the traces

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-9283

Use this link to learn how to download the traces using RTMT

"'Nature is too thin a screen, the glory of the omnipresent God bursts through it everywhere"-Ralph Waldo Emerson

Maybe i wrote unclear, but i have already configured traces and downloaded trace files from CM with RTMT. Now i need select streengs inside of trace files, that relate to a specific call. How can i do this ? Is there any utility, which can do this, or some specific field in string, which i can grep and this way get all events related to a specific call?

You will need to learn how to read CUCM SDI traces...

There are different elemets in a call trace...some of which are

1. TCP handle used by an IP Phone to communicate to cucm

2. The call id assigned to each call leg

E.g.. The tcp handle in the trace below is this..(0000003)

06/24/2010 11:45:32.089 CCM|StationInit: (0000003) SoftKeyEvent softKeyEvent=1(Redial)

This handle is what CUCM will use to talk to the phone throught the duration of the call.

and

The call id used on this part of the call leg is 42514739

06/24/2010 11:45:32.095 CCM|Digit analysis: insert daResEntry to daResCache.
KeyCi=42514739 ,PID:Cdcc(2,174,4)

Each process will be assisgned a call id. For example when a Media resource is requezted and allocated. It will have a Call id and so on..

It is quite a large field to cover.

I learnt how to read the trace using this great book..Trooubleshooting cisco ip telephony.

http://www.ciscopress.com/store/troubleshooting-cisco-ip-telephony-9781587050756

"opportunity is a haughty goddess who waste no time with those who are unprepared"

Thank you very much. This is exactly what i need.

Yurih,

Another link here that may be helpful..

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/trouble/8_0_2/tbipcall.html#wp1003600

Thanks, i will read it.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: