Views
Helpful
Replies

Multicast MOH from Remote Gateway

yenlung
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am facing some issue with Multicast MOH from Remote Gateway (might not possibility be a SRST), and it is claim that we could only use G711 between the Phones/Gateway Region to the MOH Server's Region.

Is it true?

I understand that this type of configuration is possible, assuming the multicast IP / Port set on CUCM is 239.1.1.1 port 16384.

call-manager-fallback

moh xxx.wav

multicast moh 239.1.1.3 port 16384 route <physical int> <loopback>

!

Could someone enlighten me?

Base on here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cusrst/admin/sccp_sip_srst/configuration/guide/SCCP_and_SIP_SRST_Admin_Guide/srst_appendix_b_.html

Under: Creating a Region for the MOH Server

my understanding of it is, if I am using the Voice Gateway as a SRST, then I must use G711 Codec in order for the MOH to be stream during SRST Operation, otherwise, if it is just a Voice Gateway, I can use any of the 4 codec:

G711ulaw

G711alaw

G729

Wideband

Am I correct?

Regards,

Yen Lung

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it's clearly stated in the doc:

• Cisco Unified SRST multicast MOH supports G.711 only.

If you're not going to stream the MOH from the router, and you're going to use unicast/multicast from your CUCM server, the codec selection is up to you. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Hi yenlung,

beyond what Jaime Valencia said ...

if you do not have a SRST GW in a Branch to use the Multicast MoH feature (using only G.711), then you need to use the CUCM's Multicast MoH that could use G.729 via the configuration of IP Addr: 239.1.1.3 and Port: 16384 (as an example), remember that the Max Hops field could not be 1 and the Region configuration uses G.729 in this case.

Hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes, it's clearly stated in the doc:

• Cisco Unified SRST multicast MOH supports G.711 only.

If you're not going to stream the MOH from the router, and you're going to use unicast/multicast from your CUCM server, the codec selection is up to you. 

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hello Jaime,

I am just wondering, then under what circumstances would we be using 239.1.1.3 port 16384 for the Multicast MOH, since it is well documented in Cisco Documents.

If Cisco only support G711, then, shouldn't they tell us to only put 239.1.1.X where x is (Y+1, Y = Multiple of 4)?

Here is my issue.

I have a Centralize CUCM in HQ, and 3x Remote site.

Phones and Gateway within Remote site must use G729 to communicate.

MOH must be Multicast MOH from Router Flash.

Gateway is a MGCP Gateway (Corporate Standard)

When I make a PSTN call, and place the call on hold, and peform a show ccm-manager music-on-hold,

it shows 239.1.1.3 port 16384

So I set it to 239.1.1.3 port 1638 for the external call.

But after I set it, internal MOH is not working, as it requires 239.1.1.1 to work.

If I setup with the Remote Branch relationship to MOH Region is G729.

It work for some for 2 of the remote sites, but not the last site.

Any reason for that.

Regards,

YL

Hi yenlung,

beyond what Jaime Valencia said ...

if you do not have a SRST GW in a Branch to use the Multicast MoH feature (using only G.711), then you need to use the CUCM's Multicast MoH that could use G.729 via the configuration of IP Addr: 239.1.1.3 and Port: 16384 (as an example), remember that the Max Hops field could not be 1 and the Region configuration uses G.729 in this case.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Guys for the reply.

Got it figured out with the Cisco hardphone. Seem like the CIPC is giving me a different set of Results.

CIPC is working with G729 Codec Multicast MOH Streaming. hence that is why I am confused over this concept.

Hello Experts,

Look like the Real Environment had played me out.

When I had 2 x Region Setup (REG-SITEB, REG-MOH)

DP-SITEB configured with REG-SITEB, DP-MOH with REG-MOH

MOH Server Device Pool is DP-MOH

Phones and Gateway Device Pool is DP-SITEB

the Base IP on CUCM for MOH is set to 239.1.1.1 16384, increment on IP.

When making a PSTN Calls, the Call is running on G729. (Phone to Gateway)

However, when the call is place on Hold, and a Show ccm-manager music-on-hold is shown,

I see that it is 239.1.1.3 port 16384.

I am using MGCP Gateway, with SRTP.Package. Phones are with SRTP as well.

Any idea where could I miss out?

Regards,

Yen Lung

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: