cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

multicast moh over sip trunk

vatter
Level 1
Level 1

I have CUCM 8.5 with 2921 with 152-3.T2 ios running on the CUBE.

We are in process of coverting all of our isdn/pris to Verizon SIP Trunk.

Currently we are feeding live music to our CUCM using multicast. 

MMOH works fine over ISDN/Pri but having hard time trying to make MMOH working over SIP Trunk.

Anyone experienced with this issue?  it seems CUBE receives the MMOH packet but it is not Forwarding them.

Any help would really appreciated.

thanks,

8 Replies 8

testeven
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

AFAIK MMOH is not supported on CUBE over SIP trunks. You can create an MRGL for the SIP trunk to CUBE with a non-multicast MRG for MoH.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

thanks for your reply..  They do supports MMOH. please see link below.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube_proto/configuration/15-2mt/cube-mutlicast-moh.html

Hi,

My bad. In fact I believe the restriction is that CUBE does not support Multicast MoH when its in flow-through mode, only when its operating in Media flow around mode with SDP Passthrough configured.

Regards, 

Tere. 

If you find this post helpful, please rate!

Regards, Tere. If you find this post helpful, please rate! :)

document describes MMOH will not work when the SDP passthrough feature is enabled.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

Did you ever find a resolution for this? I'm having issues on a site recently migrated from PRI to SIP Trunk. We are running Multicast MOH from a live feed to an FXO port. It appears to be going between my moh dial peer and a default dial peer. I am not getting MOH over the SIP trunk.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

- Jonathan Beardsley

- Jonathan Beardsley

Jonathan,

It has been awhile since i've messed with this.  I think i made it work but the audio quality was not good.

So I end up using fixed audio instead.  If your CUCM is not on VM, i highly suggest to use this instead of MMOH.  It is easier to manage and less trouble.

If you are on VM than MMOH is the only option you have.  Please note there is no multicast from your CUBE to the ITSP.

CUBE receives multicast moh from the music source than it converts that stream to unicast than send it to ITSP.

As long as multicast is working correctly, i think mmoh should work and make sure hold music stream uses G.711.

another note: you have to have below command on the cube.

"ccm-manager music-on-hold bind"

KT4RJN
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks man, shortly after I asked, I found that it is only supported in IOS 15.2(1), for which Cosco only provides 15.1 for the 2800 series ISR routers. Wish I'd seen this before we went SIP for PSTN.. This is a remote office that wants to use a local live feed, so I am now at a loss....

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

- Jonathan Beardsley