Views
Helpful
Replies

Multipe AD yet Single Search Scope - CUCM/CUC

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi all,

Wondering  if anyone has had experience integrating mutiple ADs (different forests  and domains) with a single CUCM. The CUCM has a limit of 5 ldap  directories but even more impotantly only a single search scope.

The  following document describes using ADLDS which would solve the multiple  AD scenario but would this solve the single search scope issue as well  (same goes for CUC)?

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_configuration_example09186a0080b2b103.shtml

Any pointers appreciated.

Thanks,

Kamran

5 Replies 5

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You need to deploy MSFT LDS 2008 or ADAM and sync to it rather than the AD directory. It will solve the limitations.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks tip, thats the solution i was alluding to above. It would solve the 5 ldap directory limit issue but I am not clear about the single search scope limitation.

From my testing, it seems that the LDAP would sync multiple ADs (in their own domains) into a separate partition - will try to get some screenshots. So my questions are:

1) Is this correct? would ADLDS sync separete ADs (in separate domains) in a separate partition? I am basing this on an assumption we will need to run the ADLDS sync with all ADs separately.

2) Where do we point our search scope on the ADLDS so that it syncs all ADs sync'ed to the ADLDS?

Thanks,

Kamrna

You are correct you would end up with single integration and single search scope, is that not what you want?

Chris

Hi Chris,

the problem is that it doesnt appear as a single search scope...It appears under 2 different DC trees/partitions on the ADLDS.

Or am i doing something wrong?

Thanks,

Kamran

Hey,

You must to put all the users in the same root partition, not working over more than one partition. When you use the Base Search only will work over one..

Between, i got actually a Sync Directory so when i will change to a LDS Directory, the sync will overwritte all parameters that would be differents than before Synco and desactive all users that not in the LDS right? Main problem is that i tried a Directory using AD's and only Authentication working to the LDS but looks like the Scope modified to use proxyuser is necesary anyone got this problem?

Regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: