Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple domain name configuration For IM & Presence

msidawy01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i need some help with the following case.

Can we add 2 domain name in the IM&Presence server.

For example i have the domain configured on Presence "eduvation1.edu.lb" and all user can login through jabber via their email "user@eduvation1.edu.lb", i need to make sure for example if i had another domain "eduvation2.edu.lb used by some users and i need these user to login to jabber with their domain and use jabber chatting. Can you i add 2 domain to the presence so all the user for the second domain can use jabber chat and login to jabber via their email "user@eduvation2.edu.lb. 

Thank you for your help

Michael

18 Replies 18

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

Multiple IM Domain Management

IM and Presence Service supports IM addressing across multiple IM address domains and automatically lists all domains in the system. Use the Cisco Unified CM IM and Presence Administration GUI to manually add, update, and delete local administrator-managed domains, as well as view all local and system managed domains.

If you are interoperating with Cisco Expressway, see the Cisco Expressway Administrator Guide (X8.2) for further information on domain limitations.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/im_presence/configAdminGuide/10_0_1/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-guide-imp-100/CUP0_BK_C318987B_00_config-admin-solutions-imp-100_chapter_010001.html#CUP0_RF_C2B7FEDB_00

Manish

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Michael,

I believe to achieve what you want you will need to use the flexible JID feature in IM and P

This is a massive change and will require the ff:

1. IM and P 10.X and above

2. Jabber 10.6 and above

2. Change your IM address scheme to directory URI

3. Ensure your users are mapped to their directory URIs

4. You may need to update your buddy list to reflect the new uri if required.

5. This requires you to stop core services such as presence engine, sip proxy, xcp, sycn agent and client agent

Please rate all useful posts

hi Ayodeji,

Thank you for your reply, so in addition to the information you mentioned above, i will add a new domain on the presence server and keeping also the the other domain. and for example user in domain 1 will use the URI user1@existingdomain.example and users in the new domain will use the URI configured under user configuration page on CUCM user2@newdomain.example. and both users in the 2 domain can login to jabber 

Nice info from Ayodeji [+5], details of the same can be checked here

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/CUPS/IM%26P_FAQ#How_to_configure_flexible_JID_and_multi-domain_on_IM.26P.3F.3F

Manish

thank you Manish, i will check it and back to you with the result

I dont believe adding the new domain will achieve what you want. Using flexible JIDs is what you need from your description. When you use flexible jabber ID, by changing your IM address scheme as described above, your presence domain can be anything and your users can have different uri and everything will still work. So your presence domain can be eduvation1.edu.lb or edu.lb and you can have users in eduvation2.edu.lb, eduvation3.edu.lb and everything will be fine.

Please rate all useful posts

Hi, 

I have the same problem,example of doamin acme.com and loneyacme.com. So does I need review the services srv for cup-login and cisco-uds and create for domain loneyacme.com as well?

Best regards,
Daniel

Daniel Sobrinho

SRVs work based on the domain, so, you need to create them for the domains you want them to be available for.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime Valencia,

How are you doing today? I hope fine.

I have a doubt related to this subject. I think you already have this configuration in the lab and can help me.

I have a case where there are multiple email domains for one company. they are incoporate news companies. 

Nowadays we have this example cenario:

users with email address:

• username.lastname@acme.com
  • username.lastname@looneytunes.com.br
  • username.lastname@loonaticsgroup.com

This customer already had jabber in use, and has now consolidated the Collaboration services in a single centralized cluster of CUCM, CUCM IM & P, CUC, UCCX in South America and Central America.

It also acquired Expresssway C and E to be configured with MRA, B2B and Federation services.

Although everyone has extensions, voicemail, the jabber service is assisting employees with email / uri: username.lastname@acme.com In order to serve the other users of this company with other email domains, should I also configure the IM Address Scheme to Directory URI and include the other domains in the IM Presence Server and create the SRV entries for the new domains <looneytunes.com.br> and <loonaticsgroup.com> pointing to the (cisco-uds) and (cuplogin), is there something else to do?  and about Expressway ?

Best regards,

Daniel 

Daniel Sobrinho

Dear,

we have the same case here, did you get any solution to fix it? kindly help me fix this issue.

I have same issue. Any resolution?

Daniel,

I have dome a few multi-domain deployments..as an overview you'll need the following in your environment.

1. JID to be assigned to Directory URI.

2. Domains added to the IM&P Server.

3. Domains added to the Expressway-C device

4. SRV Records for each domain. Includes _collab-edge and cisco-uds, _sip, _sips, _xmpp-server.  The target should be the same though for each SRV record (internal and external targets to be different of course).

5. Certificates for Expressway-E must include all domains.

6. Certificates for Expressway-C, CUCM and CUC

7. Certificate for IM&P inc domains. If you have the domains configured in IM&P, then the domains should show automatically in the CSR.

8. Dialplan on Expressways for internal SIP Domains, for routing to CUCM.

Ben

Ben, Thank You... Just quick question.. When you add the domain , do you add on presence, Presence tab, then Domain, then add "Administrator Managed Domains"

I have one that fell on me , and the default domain, shows as mylab.com, however dns points to ccielab.com as an example. Under advance configuration the default domain shows as mylab.com. IN cucm end users, ahve directory uri as mylab.com , mail id is mylab.com however they cannot login using user@mylab.com, they have to login as user@ccielab.com.

Hope not confusing.

SO thats why I am asking about adding a domain as I stated above.,

Thank You for the quick response. I am trying to sort it out and your notes will help me..

Is the IM Address Scheme set to Directory URI? (Presence -> Settings -> Advanced)

The additional domains will appear in the system managed domain area. (once the above is set). The IM&P Server will pick the required domains from users being assigned to an IM&P Server. Potentially need to restart the IM&P Server if the additional domains do not show.

I was thinking of the old days manually adding additional domains in IM&P..

Do you have an additional SRV record for _cisco-uds._tcp.mylab.com 8443 Target=cucm.domain.com?

Ben

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: