Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple domain name configuration For IM & Presence

msidawy01
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

i need some help with the following case.

Can we add 2 domain name in the IM&Presence server.

For example i have the domain configured on Presence "eduvation1.edu.lb" and all user can login through jabber via their email "user@eduvation1.edu.lb", i need to make sure for example if i had another domain "eduvation2.edu.lb used by some users and i need these user to login to jabber with their domain and use jabber chatting. Can you i add 2 domain to the presence so all the user for the second domain can use jabber chat and login to jabber via their email "user@eduvation2.edu.lb. 

Thank you for your help

Michael

18 Replies 18

Ben, thanks for the quick reply. NO it is set to default Domain.

The srv records are missing.. Basically the install was a mess from what I can see. I am in process of trying to sort it out and create a plan that is least disruptive to the customer. The domain tab says that the IM Address scheme is currently not set to Directory URI.

Your post confirmed what I thought and what I need to do.. I thank You..

I will try and fixit in the next couple days..

Thanks again

Ben, forgot one thing. I read you need to turn High Availabilty off. Dd you have too?

I would turn off HA. Anytime an IM&P is restarted or critical services restarted etc.. I turn HA off, when the servers have come back online and stable. I'll re-enable the HA.

Ben

Thank You. I appreciate the responses

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: