Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple PRI on single router H323

Farrukh '
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Customer is having multiple PRIs with different DID ranges for each PRI, router is connected over H323 with CUCM, how can I configure the router and CUCM in such a way that one user calls out from PRI 1 and second user calls out from PRI 2?

7 Replies 7

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Farrukh,

From CUCM side there is no distinction when you add an H323 gateway since it doesn't allow you to drill down to the port level on CUCM config. You need to add the H323 gateway in a route group and assign it in a route list that is applied on the Route pattern that sends calls from cucm to gateway.

On gateway you have the option to apply the ports ( pri or fxo ) at dial peer level ( POTS for outbound calls to PSTN ), so you can specify the PRI port based on what destination pattern is configured for outbound calls there.

For example

dial-peer voice 2 pots

dest-patt 9.T

port 0/0/0

dial-peer voice 3 pots

dest-patt 8.T

port 0/0/1

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

I completely understand this but the PRI should be chosen for dialing out on the base of calling number. i.e DID range 2001-2099 dials out using PRI 1 and DID range 5001-5099 shall use PRI 2 for outgoing.

I know this can be possible if we use MGCP, but i don't want to move on to MGCP. im kind of looking for source base outbound calls.

It is possible.  You have to play around with Partition and translation Patterns and GW rules

Basic logic we apply is  on Gw

9.T -------> PRI-1 ( For 2XXX

8.T -------> PRI-2  ( For 5XXX)

User will always dial 9.T but we will change 9.T to 8.t for calls from say 5XXX

Now

1) Option-1 is to match the calls coming from CUCM with answer-address number command

dial-peer voice 1 voip

answer-address 2...$

<APPLY Tranlation rule keep 9.T as 9.T>

dial-peer voice 2 voip

answer-address 5...$

<APPLY Tranlation rule to convert  9.T to 8.T and route call>

Option-2

You can change the same using Translation Pattern.

I would prefer Option-1

Please don't forget to rate

Difficult part here is to make sure correct Inbound Dial-peer is matched.

If you have "incoming-called number ." command on some other dial-peer same will have preference over answer-address command.

Alternative to this there is option to route calls based on Calling Number On Translation Pattern.

Hi Haris,

it seems quite logical, i will test and update you on this.

Tahnks

I prefer to add a prefix to the calls, and match that prefix in the dial-peer, as those are pots dial-peers, the prefix will be dropped.

This requires you to create new route patterns and adjust your CSS/partitions so users can only reach one of them, the right one for his group. Then add the prefix automatically to the called number.

Then match the destination-pattern

For example, add 111 as prefix

destination-pattern 1119.T

Then 222 and so on.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Are you looking for load balancing outgoing calls or pinning users to specific PRIs

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: