Views
Helpful
Replies

Multiple users with DN and one phone - interesting how to

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

All,

I have an interesting problem to solve, hope you can help.  I have multiple users requiring voicemail and the ability to be reached by their extension, but I have only one 7942 for use.  For example:

Phone line DN = 4000

Joe EN=4001

Jane DN=4023

Jim DN = 4042

Becky DN = 4051

Each has voicemail, but no phone.

I would like to be able to ring the phone extension, 4000, whenever someone dials any of the users extensions.  If busy or no answer, then forward to voicemail and use the user's extension as the forwarding number so that it goes directly to the user's inbox.  I have tried using a cti port to forward all to the phone's extension, 4000.  The forwarding works, but but it goes directly to the users voicemail without ringing the the phone.

I would like to accomplish the above without creating call handlers in Unity Connection.

If you know how to accomplish this, please let me know.

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Just create 4 translations patterns and change all of them to 4000.

For 4000 set CFB or CFNA to VM.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Problem with that is that the forwarding number to voicemail is extension 4000, not the original called number,  and so call does not go directly to users voicemail, instead it goes to the default call handler in unity connection.

Any other solutions?

Thanks

So you changed the default behavior for CUC to Use Last (Rather than First)  Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call?

The default behavior is to use the original called number which is exactly what would achieve what you want.

HTH

java

If this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No, I have not changed the default behavior.  This is a new installation and not yet in production.  In fact, I am still in the process of tapping all the phones.

javalenc,

I setup a translation pattern of "4001" with a Called Party Transform Mask of 4000(this has CFB,CFNA, set to default voicemail), but no extension in Unity Connection.  4001 does have mailbox in Unity Connection.

I went into Unity Connection (7.1.5), Admin>Advanced>Conversations and toggled the "Use Last (Rather than First) Redirecting Number for Routing Incoming Call" option (default was unchecked).  Doesn't have any impact, the call still goes to the default call handler in Unity Connection.

Steven Griffin
Level 4
Level 4

Create each users extension as a hunt pilot in CUCM.   Use the 4000 extension as your HuntGroup/line group for each pilot.  Set the Hunt Pilot RNA's to go to VM.  Thus, it will ring 4000 when ever the extension is called, and it will alert as such, and go to VM as the user's extension as well.

OR, you could just break down and get a 7962 and not have to do all this.

-Steven

Please help us make the communities better. Rate helpful posts!

Already tried that, the Pilot does not have a RNA, only "Forward Hunt No Answer," and "Forward Hunt Busy."  Unfortunately, after the no answer I get a fast busy reorder - never makes it to voicemail.  All partitions and CSS are set correctly.

The line group provides the RNA timeout setting and the hunt pilot will forward to voicemail if you set the forward no answer to the voicemail pilot number.   It works, trust me.  Ensure that 4000 doesn't have a voicemail profile and that the line group RNA timeout is lower than the line RNA timeout.

Still get a reorder after RNA...

I've set the line group to:

use only the 4000 DN

RNA set to 5

hunt Pilot set to:

hunt Pilot # 4001

Forward Hunt No Answer --> voicemail 8000

Forward Hunt Busy --> voicemail 8000

Line 4001 is set to:

default voicemail profile (8000)

ALl the CF settings to voicemail

All above are in "internal" partition and "local" CSS... including voicemail

1. You should NOT have a directory number with 4001 and a hunt pilot with 4001 at the same time.  Delete the directory number, make sure the hunt pilot is the ONLY 4001 in the system.
  2. Ensure that the forward no answer and forward busy in the hunt pilot 4001 which you set to 8000 also have a calling search space set that includes the partion with the voicemail pilot.
  3. Reset your hunt list and ensure it is registered with the CUCM.

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If I understand what you are getting at, then I would recommend looking into configuring Extension Mobility and creating user device profiles for each of these users.  Configure the lines in the EM profile to call forward (CFNA/CFB/CFUR) to the extension 4000.  Then configure extension 4000 to CFB/CFNA to voicemail (using the voicemail profile).

If everything is set to the default values, you have the VM profile configured correctly, and your VM profile mailbox mask is accurate, then it should work as desired. Not only that, these users can logon to that single 7942 if they need to hot desk.  You could configure the first line to be their extension and the second line to be the 4000 extension (this way, they can provide coverage for the other folks).  Even if that isn't a use care, the EM profiles will serve as a more descriptive place holder.

Just a thought.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Please remember to rate helpful posts.

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

That sounds like it will work.... I will test it and let you know.  Thanks!

Well, same result.  The forwarding number is still 4000, so it ends up in the default call handler of Unity Connection instead of the user's voicemail.

p-blalock
Level 1
Level 1

All,

A co-worker just helped me solve this.... the solution was so simple compared to what I was originally trying to use... here is the solution:

created 4 new directory numbers: Call Routing>Directory Numbers

4001, 4023, 4042, 4051 (all have voicemail boxes)

each directory number is set to forward all to the phone extension of 4000

the phone extension is set to CFB, CFNA, etc... to voicemail

That's it !

Now when any of the 4 directory numbers above are dialed, extension 4000 rings first, if no answer, or busy, the call is sent directly to the associated user's greeting in Unity Connection.

Hope this elegant solution works for someone else.

Thanks for all your help

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: