Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Music on Hold for 3rd Party SIP phones on CUCM 8

I have a client who has a number of Polycom Soundstation IP 7000 phones  on their CUCM 7.1.

When the IP 7000 puts a call on hold, the person on hold hears nothing (no audio or tone on hold).

The SRND for 7.x actually has a call flow (right at the bottom of the Music on Hold subject) that basically says exactly that - the caller will hear no audio.

The SRND for 8.x does not list this call flow (however it doesn't say it works either).

I performed a test install of CUCM 8.x but have not had any success so far.

Can anyone verify whether this is now supported in version 8? I found it curious that they omited it "not working" from the SRND if that hadn't changed.

3 Replies 3

For anyone who stumbles upon this post - Music on Hold for 3rd Party SIP phones does not work on CUCM 8 (Confirmed by Cisco TAC)

That is because cisco does not fully support sip endpoints and is a very limited PBX when it comes to protocols other than SCCP/Skinny.

They are pretty convoluted. 

Could you please provide some source material to your claim about Cisco and SIP support?  I would be very interested in seeing what exactly is not supported.  Thanks.