cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mute button logging and disabled.

Paul Austin
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Folks, If I press the mute button, is it logged anywhere? It it is logged in call manager logs, what file would have this within RTMT analysis? Is it possible yet to disable mute in UCM version 11.5?

Many Thanks

Paul

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to disable Mute on CUCM, just wondering why would anyone require it disabled?

I don't think Mute action would show up in CUCM logs as that is feature local to the phone, CUCM is not aware f that action as there is nothing it needs to do, i.e. close/open logical channels, etc. like Hold.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is no way to disable Mute on CUCM, just wondering why would anyone require it disabled?

I don't think Mute action would show up in CUCM logs as that is feature local to the phone, CUCM is not aware f that action as there is nothing it needs to do, i.e. close/open logical channels, etc. like Hold.

Hi Chris, That's exactly my thoughts. Many thanks for confirming my thoughts.

Paul

I would love, and I think a major problem that we don't report mute in modern UCCE.   Some agents have been using mute for call avoidance or other in counter-productive ways... A good example that happens more than we'd like to see is when an agent mutes a call quickly when answered and stays muted until caller thinks something wrong.   They might even hang in there for over the short call timer.  Agent gets credit for a handle, caller thinks call got disconnected.   If we get the event we should report on it just like hold. 

As Chris mentioned this won't be logged in cucm. It will be in phone
console log which can be downloaded using webAccess.

There are 3rd party apps to do this like unifiedFX