cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI - Unable to update for single phone

vinayak-nayak
Level 1
Level 1

A single extension does not get red blinking lights on it for the MESSAGE WAITING INDICATOR. When i checked the MWI settings for this extension on CUC and compared it to to other phones i saw the following:

1> The phone was not mapped to either publisher or subscriber in the "phone system" option, this was changed appropriately to match are per working phone

2> In the MWI it was observed "CURRENT STATUS" shows "OFF" and for some reason this current status field is always grayed out and does not change whatsoever ? I even tried deleting and creating a fresh MWI for this extension but the current status field is still grayed out ? 

Not sure what else has to be done.... Please suggest 

2 Replies 2

Andrew Skelly
Level 7
Level 7

Hello.  Can you please confirm what you mean when you say "grayed out"?  My assumption is that when you click on the MWI (labeled as MWI-1?) you see the "Current Status" field grayed out.  If so then that is correct, you cannot change that field.  Have you tried leaving a test message on the mailbox and confirming that you see the "Number of Messages" value increase by 1 under the "Mailbox" option?  If you do see it increase, confirm that the extension for MWI is indeed correct for line 1 of the phone in question.

Please rate helpful posts by clicking the thumbs up!

Check that the CSS for the voice mail ports or trunk(s) includes the partition for this particular directory number.