cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI Unity 8 with 7940 Phones

doug
Level 1
Level 1

OK, so this is kind of an older installation, but it has been ROCK SOLID for years.

Just recently, MWI lights have been misbehaving and nonfunctional.  So if your light WAS on, it is ALWAYS on, even if you delete all your messages.  And if it was OFF, it is ALWAYS off, even if you have twenty messages!!

We have two UCM 8.0 Call Managers, one is Active, the other Standby.  They seem to be communicating just fine (make a change on one, it immediately shows up on the other). 

Dialing the MWI on and off extensions works perfectly, however new mailbox status is not reported (i.e. no change in MWI status). 

Using the URL for the phone also shows incorrect MWI status.

Any idea where I can start to look?

6 Replies 6

Mohammed Khan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Doug,

Is this issue specifc to 7940 or other phone models too.

Have you tired restarting AvNotifierMgr server.

You can also try using Bulk Subscriber logout tool to re-sync MWI link below

http://www.ciscounitytools.com/Applications/Unity/BulkUserLogout403/Help/BulkSubscriberLogout.htm

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Thanks Mohammed.

The problem is system wide right now, 7940s, 7912s, 796x, etc.  

There is a box in Unity that says "Force All MWI Lghts Off" and if I check that and then SAVE, there is no difference.  Any lights ON, stay ON.

I will try the AVNotifierMgr server.  Is that in Unity or CM?

Unity

Thank you.  If I go in there, at the top it says "Server" with a dropdown.  Since we have TWO CallManagers, I would expect to be able to select either.  But only one is available, and it is for the CM that is in Standby.  Could this be the issue?  The phones are registering to the Active CM, but Unity is only using services on the Backup CM....

This could be problem, ensure your CUCM cluster health is looking good.

Regards,

Mohammed Noor

Where do I check that?  If I go into UCM, I see both servers, one is Active, the other is Standby.  There is a "group" that includes both servers.

If I go into Unity, there is no group.  There is just the Standby server listed.  isn't there a way in Unity to setup the group of UCMs or just have it somehow talk to one of the UCMs and know there is a group?  

Sorry for my confusing wording, I don't know else to put it!