cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MWI with CSS Change

Mojo1
Level 1
Level 1

When I change the Calling Search Space for a phone it disables the MWI so it does nto light up when a message is left.

Is there something else I am overlooking when I change the CSS. We use CCM 6.1.1

13 Replies 13

Ayodeji Okanlawon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Mojo,

You need to ensure that the new CSS on the phone can dial the partition of the mwi numbers.

Try and dial the mwion number on the phone and see if you can dial it. That will let you know if the phone has access to the partition of the mwi DN

Please rate all useful posts

jbarcena
Level 9
Level 9

You need to ensure the following:

- The CSS assigned to the VM ports MUST reach the partition of the MWI ON and MWI OFF.

- The CSS of the MWI ON/OFF MUST reach the partition of the Directory Number.

If you wish to transfer calls from Unity to ring the Subscriber's extension then:

- The CSS of the VM ports MUST reach the partition of the Directory Number.

I need to change this message. After talking to the user, when I change their CSS it makes their message button on the their 7961 phone non-functional. They had originally said it was their mwi but I found out something different.

What causes the message button not to work?

Sounds like the CSS of the phone/DN does not have access to the partition assigned to the VM pilot number.

Brandon

When I go to the hunt pilot number I do not see a place to change the partition.

Should be under Call Routing > Route/Hunt > Hunt Pilot

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html

Hope this helps.

Brandon

I know how to find the hunt pilot but when I select the hunt pilot for voice mail it does not have a selection for the partition.

Well in the first place why are you looking to the Hunt Pilot? You do not need that for the MWI

You only need the VM Ports, MWI ON, MWI ON, and Directory Numbers.

Not sure why are you searching on the Hunt Pilot, please elaborate.

I only went to the hunt pilot for the voice mail because some one mentioned that I do that

Because the question changed to:

"I need to change this message. After talking to the user, when I change their CSS it makes their message button on the their 7961 phone non-functional. They had originally said it was their mwi but I found out something different."

Brandon

I only have 5 phones that have a CSS that requites them to use a code to call that affects the message button. They are in the same partition as all the other users here.

I would like to keep it that way if possible.

You can keep it that way. You'll just need to be sure that the CSS assigned to the phones has access to the partition assigned to the VM hunt pilot.

Brandon

You don't see "Route Partition" for the VM hunt pilot? The following link lists the configuration settings for hunt pilots. Second one is Route Partition.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/admin/6_0_1/ccmcfg/b03htpil.html#wp1028565

Brandon

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: