cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

MX200 opportunity?

iwroe
Level 1
Level 1

So, we've been asked to provide a room-based  video-conferencing solution for a company with three offices, 2 in the UK, 1 in China. The requirement is for a free-standing solution, i.e. no CUCM infrastructure, which can provide video links to the other offices via the Internet. Is this an MX200 opportunity?

7 Replies 7

juswenso
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You are correct, the MX200 is a great choice for this opportunity.  For a room-based system, the MX200 or Profile Series would be ideal.  The endpoints can be connected without CUCM or VCS infrastructure. What you lose by not having infrastrcuture is call control and other network-based services.

Choice depends on the room size and use-case; heavy content sharing expectations and if they want all 3 offices connected at the same time.

MX200 - 42" screen, single screen only, no embedded multisite capabilities so joining the 3 sites would require an external bridge.

Profile - vairous sizes from 42-65" and single/dual screen products.  Most Profile systems offer embedded multisite option that enables several sites to join in one call directly from the system.

For more information, you should reach out to your Cisco representative.

Can you confirm if the MX200/MX300 has dual display functionality?

The MX200 and MX300 are single screen and do not have the capability for dual display. For dual display, in an integrated endpoint, you would want to look at the Profile Series.

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2012 3:46 AM

To: Julie Swenson (juswenso)

Subject: - Re: MX200 opportunity?

Cisco Communities <https://communities.cisco.com/index.jspa>

Re: MX200 opportunity?

created by Guest in TelePresence - View the full discussion <https://communities.cisco.com/message/87627#87627>

If content is shared with an MX200 or MX300 is it displayed as picture-in-picture?

Hi,

There are several layouts available to share the content on the display along with the "people" video stream(s).  For example, side by side or a larger video of the content with the people shown above the content. These are easily accessible by the user on the touch panel.

Regards,

Julie

Great thanks.

Hi,

I’m in similar situation.

I need to make a proposal for one of my customer. They have 8 offices- 4 in Bulgaria and 4 in Romania. They don’t have either Cisco CUCM or Cisco VCS. I have chosen MX200 G2 endpoint because it fits the customer requirement.  As far as I know MX200 G2 can be connected to Internet by real IP address so that they can communicate each other.

In this scenario can any of MX200 G2 communicate in point-to point manner to any of the remaining seven endpoints?

Thank you in advance