cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

My CME 2821 is EOL, What's next

1damianjones
Level 1
Level 1

So my faithful CME2821 has gone the way of the dodo bird.  I have to get a new system installed stat.  I found a Cisco partner and they recommended the ISR-4331.  Now I find out I would have to buy about and extra 4-5 worth of equipment and licenses to get it to were my cme/cue is.

I see there is a BE6000s out there that may be the ticket.

This is what I have/need:

8 POTS lines coming in

35 users

Voicemail

email notification for voicemails

It would be cool if I could get instant messaging and video conferencing

Also is the BE6000s heading for EOL in the next 5 years?  

Thanks!

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Take a look at the BE4000 offering, that might be a better fit

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

I'm not a fan of having someone else configure my services.  So it wouldn't be a good fit.

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Your 2821 Might be end of life, doesnt mean it is gonna fall over. 

Upgrading to the 4000 ISR, might make sense if you want a device that has any development on it for the next couple years. But if you do not require any additional features that the 2821 hasnt already got, why would you upgrade?  You could get a cold standby spare 282,1 in case it does fall over.

There are always options.

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

That option seems practical. I could get the boss to buy a couple of spares for the price of the new.

It is a good option.

1damianjones
Level 1
Level 1

Thanks for the suggestions.  In case anyone is interested.  I went for the isr4331 with the BE6KM.  Things are progressing along ok.  Lots of pieces to put together...and since the price was pretty steep I'm pretty much on my own... onward and upward.

Thanks all.