cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Mystery calls from customer to company to employee cell.

bmoney
Level 1
Level 1

My client is reporting that customer calls are being forwarded to his cell phone from the company phone system. He describes what he believes to be the process as follows:

1. Customers call the company's main number which is associated with a Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) script.

2. Customers select an option form the menu tree.

3. Customers are transferred offnet to the employee's cell phone.

The employee does not know which option the customers are selecting. When I look up each DN in CUCM that is configured in the UCCX script, none of them are configured with a call forward destination. The problem only occurs a few times a week, but the employee is becoming very frustrated. The only piece of information I know for certain is the employee's cell phone number. So perhaps I could use this to search traces or logs. How would you suggest I begin to try and isolate the cause of this problem?

Thanks

------------------

CUCM 7.1.3

UCCX 7.0(1)

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Id start by looking at CDR and searching for his mobile number

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have and exact time on which the call was made (mobile phone call history), and a mobile phone number.

I would at least start to collect a trace in CUCM, to see what set up the call,  if you collect the trace for a very specific time frame, you can do a search on the mobile phone number in the trace file. It should give you more information. worst case scenario is you find a CTI port in the call control group of a particular UCCX application.  keep us posted

please rate if this helps

Please remember to rate useful posts, by clicking on the stars below.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Id start by looking at CDR and searching for his mobile number

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dennis Mink
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If you have and exact time on which the call was made (mobile phone call history), and a mobile phone number.

I would at least start to collect a trace in CUCM, to see what set up the call,  if you collect the trace for a very specific time frame, you can do a search on the mobile phone number in the trace file. It should give you more information. worst case scenario is you find a CTI port in the call control group of a particular UCCX application.  keep us posted

please rate if this helps

Jaime and minkdennis,

Thanks for your input. Subsequent to my original post I discovered a that in fact the original UCCX application was relaying the call to yet another UCCX application. So the actually flow was as follows:

1. Customers call the company's main number which is associated with a Unified Contact Center Express (UCCX) application.

2. Customers select an option from the menu tree.

3. The selected option activates another UCCX application.

4. Customers are transferred offnet to the employee's cell phone.

The CDRs proved hepful initially, but things got a little murky once the call was handed off to an IVR which then sent it from the original UCCX application to another UCCX application. I never was able to determine exactly how the calls were being misrouted once they hit the second UCCX script. I believe a database dip was being performed and the variable returned was the cell phone number of the employee getting all the calls. In any event, coincident to this investigation, the department decided to move away from the UCCX application and simply route calls via CUCM from the initial (main number) UCCX application to an employee extension. So I updated the variable accordingly, and calls are now being routed properly.

Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Brian

thanks for letting us know and giving us points, appreciate it