cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Nailed Connection To Cell Phone

John@Geico
Level 1
Level 1

We have recently deployed work from home with a lot of our employees. An issue that we are seeing is when Finesse calls out to connect to the cell phone through the nailed connection is bad call quality. I'm seeing choppy connections that cut in and out like the pattern of a metronome. It only happens for select people/devices. Im not sure if the problem lies in Finesse or in the cell phones. The cell phone is a Galaxy Note 10 Plus. VoLTE is disabled, WiFi is connected and is strong, same issues before and after using WIFI calling. All carrier network settings have been reset and cleared. Anyone have any ideas on where i should be looking to resolve? 

1 Reply 1

So the voice quality is fine when calling a more traditional POTS line and only has issues on a mobile with WIFI calling? Have you tried calling that same phone from a Cisco phone and staying on the line for an extended period of time to see if there's any difference? I suspect that the carrier is playing funny games with QoS when a call stays connected for an extended period of time. Does the same thing happen if the users is not on WIFI calling?

david

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: