cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

'Name does not match any filter pattern' in CUCM software install/upgrade page???

rory.schmitz
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I'm in the process of upgrading CUCM 8.5.1.10000-26 to either 8.5.1.12900-7 or 8.5.1.13900-5 and I am receving the messages 'Name does not match any filter pattern' for both upgrade files.  What does this mean?  Please see attached screenshot.

I happen to be running the upgrade from a remote fileserver via FTP.  Could this be causing this issue in that I need to burn it to DVD instead?  Maybe I have the incorrect ISO file?

Thank you.

Rory Schmitz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rory,

To clarify, based on your screenshot I believe the upgrade wizard is successfully recognizing your upgrade file. At least, it is listing UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.12900-7.sgn.iso as valid. That is why it is in the drop down list and you have the option to click Next. The entries under "Invalid upgrades" include:

• Phone
  • Communicator
  • IP
  • CUCM
  • Loads

If I had to guess, all of the above are folders in the SFTP directory path that you provided. Since they are folders, they are not valid upgrade files. The upgrade wizard does not recursively search folder/sub-folder contents.

The point is that if you see options in the "Software Location" "Options/Upgrade*" drop down list (which you do) then the upgrade wizard is finding your upgrade file. If you click "Next" at the screen you posted, what happens?

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Make sure that the file is not corrupt by checking the md5 of the file and if not try to upgrade using a disc.

Regards,

Yosh

HTH Regards, Yosh

William Bell
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Rory,

Actually, it looks like the install wizard is recognizing 8.5.1.12900-7 correctly. The entry list that you see below "Invalid Upgrades" is the list of files and directories that the upgrade wizard does not recognize as valid. The drop down list next to "Options/Upgrade*" lists all valid upgrades.

The wizard looks at the whole directory and will list anything it doesn't recognize.

HTH.

Regards,
Bill

Thank you both for your responses.  I will verify the MD5 hash and see if it matches.  I'm not sure why it wouldn't recognize the file/folders?  I download the files the same way I have downloaded previous upgrades.  The only difference is that I'm using the remote file server transfer vs. local DVD.  It's just odd that it would happen with two different files.  I'm working out of the office so I can't try the DVD method, but I will redownload the files and see if I have any better luck until I can get into the office.  I will report my findings.

Thank you much.

Rory Schmitz

Rory,

To clarify, based on your screenshot I believe the upgrade wizard is successfully recognizing your upgrade file. At least, it is listing UCSInstall_UCOS_8.5.1.12900-7.sgn.iso as valid. That is why it is in the drop down list and you have the option to click Next. The entries under "Invalid upgrades" include:

• Phone
  • Communicator
  • IP
  • CUCM
  • Loads

If I had to guess, all of the above are folders in the SFTP directory path that you provided. Since they are folders, they are not valid upgrade files. The upgrade wizard does not recursively search folder/sub-folder contents.

The point is that if you see options in the "Software Location" "Options/Upgrade*" drop down list (which you do) then the upgrade wizard is finding your upgrade file. If you click "Next" at the screen you posted, what happens?

Regards,

Bill

Bill,

Yes, thank you.  I did just figure that out only a few hours ago and was going to post after my upgrade finished.  It hit me after I renamed one of the ISO's and the renamed file showed up when I tried to initiate the Install/Upgrade.  This is my first attempt using FTP/SFTP so those messages had me concerned in thinking they were files from the ISO.  I appreciate the replies from everyone and now have it resolved.

BIG Thanks.

Rory Schmitz

There's absolutely nothing wrong with that, it will always show that ANYTHING (folders and any other file) that is not meant to be installed on the system (ie UCCX upgrade file when doing a CUCM upgrade )will show up in that list. WHAT REALLY MATTERS is the DROP DOWN MENU (see your screenshot)

If what you want to install IS NOT in the dropdown menu, then you can worry.

All you had to do when you took the screenshot was hit Next to continue with the upgrade.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

java,

Thank you as well.  Rookie mistake on my end.  See my previous post above.  Now I know.  I appreciate the response.

Rory Schmitz

i having the same problem that, the drop down list is not showing ISO image of CUCM 10.5.

Any steps to get in the drop down list ?

Hi,

which version of CUCM are you running?

did you check folder permission where iOS image i located?

Which SO are you using?

Let me know

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

i am using 9.1.1 CUCM, it is a lab set up. I have checked the the permission of folder, the same folder COP file located, it is showing in drop down list.

Hi.

Usually unusable files are showed below the drop down menu.

Does it show in that list?

Can you please post a screenshot of what you see?

Thanks 

Regards

Carlo

Please rate all helpful posts "The more you help the more you learn"

What is the name of the file?

As Carlo said, a screenshot would make things a lot easier to understand.

HTH

java

No problem. Glad you got it working.

-Bill

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: