Native Cisco Headsets - Ringing

Frank Janka
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

a customer uses the folowing type of headsets:

561 Wireless Single Headset, Standard Base Station

on the folowing phones: 7841 / 8851

The cutomer is complaining about the lack of the feature that there is no ring tone inside the headset. At the moment there is only the phone ringing.

Is that true? Is there no internal tone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

This is true.  According to Cisco, this is a phone limitation, not the headset.  It was supposed to be resolved in this months phone firmware release, which has not come out yet.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

JFerello
Level 1
Level 1

This is true.  According to Cisco, this is a phone limitation, not the headset.  It was supposed to be resolved in this months phone firmware release, which has not come out yet.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Thanks, so this will mean that any other headset like Plantronics or Jabra will also not work.

Will it work on a 8851 phone?

Nope, ringing works fine with Plantronics and Jabra, so I am not sure why Cisco says it is a phone issue.  None the less, it will hopefully be resolved shortly.

Yes, ringing will work on all the 88xx series, hopefully this month sometime.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

We use Jabbra and Plantronics wireless headsets with our 8851 phones and you could hear the phone ring in the headset until just recently.  Could this be because we updated the phones firmware to sip88xx.12-5-1SR1-4?

I just upgraded my 8851 to 12-5-1SR3-74 and I am running the Jabra Pro 9400 and it still rings.

Thanks,
Justin Ferello

Anyone have an idea when this problem will be fixed? I've been told for nearly a year that FW supporting ringing in Cisco headsets would be released soon. I'm running the latest version on 8851 now, 12.6(1)SR1 and this feature still does not work. Its hard to sell people on using Cisco branded headsets when they lack basic features other wireless headsets have. I cant use any of the ones I have already bought until this works because no one wants them when they don't ring. The whole point of having a wireless headset is being able to leave the desk and take calls.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: