Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

necessary training or ...

Hi guys. I'd like to work as cisco voip engineer, to install , program CUCM, CUC, CUP etc. servers and services for different companies.   Can you please give me some advises  how to get such skills , which training, class should I take ? The goal is to move from network and voip admin to  engineer .  

I am CCNA voice and CCNP (R&S) with >10 yrs exp of voip different vendors (Huawei, Avaya, Cisco ), I had CIPT1,2 and troubleshooting training and 2 yrs of support of CUCM network .  I had experience of installing small PBX systems like IPO500., some staff of Avaya  Aura. 

Thank you 

2 Replies 2

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There is a lot of study materials online, however my advice is to look for a job with Cisco partner in this capacity where you will be able to work on various projects gaining the experience. A lot of larger partners such as my company and I am sure others offer entry level engineering positions, we them Associate engineers where you get to study/shadow and engage on projects. So, look for local Cisco gold partners that do collaboration implementations and see if you can get a job there. Good luck.

Hi Bekzod,

In addition to Chris' advice, you may find useful to earn your CCNP Collaboration. Taking this training will give you the latest information/best practices and you will be able to sell yourself better to a potential employer.

Good luck!

Thanks,

FG

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: