cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Need a walkthrough on updating firmware on CUCME

Michael Ricci
Level 1
Level 1

It's been 4 years since I last upgraded a CUCME with firmware for VoIP phones, so I am a little rusty.

For example, I want to upgrade the 7942 firmware from SCCP42.8-3-3SR2S to SCCP42.9-2-1S. I think I have to down dsp, jar, and term files, in addition with creating XML and cnf files.

If anyone could talk a little time to spin me back up on this, it would be appreciated. Cisco's white papers weren't much help. Also, I'm not sure if I need to upgrade to a firmware between those version due to the difference  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michael

Few pointers that should assist here.

• 8.3(3)SR2S should be able to upgrade directly to SCCP 9.2(1). It's code loads older (and including) 8.3(2) that need an interim load of 8.5(2).
  • Download the ZIP file (the .cop and .exe files are of no use to you) containing the code.
  • Unpack the ZIP file to get the individual file elements.
  • Copy all of these files into your router's flash using copy tftp flash or equivalent.
  • For each file you download, enter a "tftp-server flash:" command in config mode.
  • Issue the following commands on your CUCME
    • config t
    • telephony-s
    • load 7941 SCCP42.9-2-1S
    • no create cnf
    • create cnf
  • debug tftp ev, reset one of your phones and watch the fun proceed in front of your eyes.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

barry
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Michael

Few pointers that should assist here.

• 8.3(3)SR2S should be able to upgrade directly to SCCP 9.2(1). It's code loads older (and including) 8.3(2) that need an interim load of 8.5(2).
  • Download the ZIP file (the .cop and .exe files are of no use to you) containing the code.
  • Unpack the ZIP file to get the individual file elements.
  • Copy all of these files into your router's flash using copy tftp flash or equivalent.
  • For each file you download, enter a "tftp-server flash:" command in config mode.
  • Issue the following commands on your CUCME
    • config t
    • telephony-s
    • load 7941 SCCP42.9-2-1S
    • no create cnf
    • create cnf
  • debug tftp ev, reset one of your phones and watch the fun proceed in front of your eyes.

HTH. Barry

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions

I thought at one point I had to archive a .tar file?

Depends on the format of the file you download from CCO. If you grab the same phone firmware under the CallManager download section you can normally find it in ZIP format (compatible with CallManager 4.x). If you download it under CME, then it is in tar. It's the same firmware however

HTH

Barry Hesk

Intrinsic Network Solutions.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: