Views
Helpful
Replies

Need announcement instead of dial tone

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Dear All,

We are looking to find out the way to change the dial tone, actually customer needs a specific announcement instead of dial tone. I didn’t find any document related to this and I doubt on the feasibility as well, but wanted to confirm it posting here, is it possible to change the dial tone ?

Best Regards,

Suresh

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Not possible

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Thanks a lot Java for the quick response !!!

Hi Java, sorry to bother you again :-(  Just reminded my cluster design and came with one more doubt on it. As far as I know that in case of SCCP, CUCM sends instruction to IP Phone to play the ring back from its flash memory but Actually we are using third party basic SIP analog phone in our cluster so is there any way to invoke a specific ANN in place of dial tone ?

No

HTH

java

www.cisco.com/go/pdihelpdesk

HTH

java

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Java, you are the God of Cisco IP telephony, as you are everywhere in Cisco Supportforums with correct answers :-) Actaully I had opened TAC to confirm this because customer wanted email from the TAC team. That answer was "not possible"

Regards,Suresh

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: